Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: New to all of this GP given me Femoston-conti  (Read 878 times)

Bobbybob

• First Flush
New to all of this GP given me Femoston-conti
« on: April 11, 2022, 07:06:20 PM »

Good evening, I am 49 and been having menopause symptoms for a few months, irritability, insomnia, headaches, forgetful, erratic periods but not yet stopped completely.. after blood tests confirmed peri menopause I have been prescribed femoston conti 0.5mg. I had a period in February before that last September and October, before that April and may.  Upon reading the description with these tablets it says not to take if you have had a period within the last 12 months, so I am confused and don’t know if to start on these at all!? Any help would be much appreciated.. thank you 😊

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New to all of this GP given me Femoston-conti
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2022, 08:07:15 PM »

Hi! can't help, sorry.  MayB ring your pharmacist and ask the question or put the product name into the search box on the Forum - blue box, white writing, top left.  Make notes ;-).  Browse round  :welcomemm:

QueenofReds3

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 06:40:48 AM »

Hi Bobbybob, great name!
I am on a Conti regime. Usually this is given if last period was at least 12 months ago so I will ring GP or pharmacy and double check for piece of mind. X

Floradora

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 12:02:57 PM »

Hi Bobbybob. Possibly you have been prescribed the Femoston conti as you haven’t had many periods in the last year and are probably naturally coming to the end of those anyway. You have been prescribed the ultra low dose version and so hopefully this will help your symptoms without any noticeable side effects. I’ve been on Femoston Conti for years and started it when I was still having very occasional periods. Certainly I’d give the GP a ring just to double check and put your mind at rest though. It is possible they meant to give you the Femoston sequi version- worth checking anyway!