Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel dosage  (Read 676 times)

Sid

Oestrogel dosage
« on: April 09, 2022, 12:29:13 PM »

Hiya, I moved onto Oestrogel a while ago when there had been a shortage of the Evorel 50 patches. I understood that 2 pumps of gel was equivalent to the Evorel 50 patch so didn’t really read the instruction label on the box and just applied 2 pumps each day.   Last night I opened a new pack and the pharmacist had stuck the label on the bottle so it was really noticeable. It said to apply 1 pump (1.5mg). I called into the pharmacy this morning and pointed out that 1 pump is 750mcg and 1.5 mg would be 2 pumps. She checked and said I was right but “we just print the label with your GP’s instructions”. When I pointed out that the GP instructions were obviously wrong (1pump is not 1.5mg) she just shrugged and repeated they just print the label. I will have to try and contact my GP (easier said than done), but I was really shocked that a pharmacist could quite happily continue to print out instructions which they know are incorrect  >:(

Amazing grace

Re: Oestrogel dosage
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2022, 01:03:41 PM »

Hi, you are right in two pumps being the same as 50 patch, I wouldn't worry about what the pharmacy put on the label, the printed label on mine says use 2 to 4 pumps daily, I only use two pumps, if your gp put those instructions on the prescription the pharmacy have to follow them, just ring the doctors and get them to change the dose on prescription x