Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: High dose HRT  (Read 1773 times)

Dawnp

High dose HRT
« on: March 18, 2022, 04:38:27 PM »

I remember seeing a couple of ladies on threads here who said they were using the equivalent of 200 patches or more, but I can’t seem to find them now. I’m looking to find anyone on these sort of doses because I’m really struggling. Also keen to know what levels of progesterone you are taking with it because I am currently an absolute mess and can’t get out the house. And I haven’t been able to work for months because my symptoms are so severe. I have such severe anxiety that I am just terrified all the time.

Nik2502

Re: High dose HRT
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2022, 05:36:23 PM »

Hi

I was on 175 last year and my symptoms were horrendous. Tried 200 and they were worse. I actually ended up cutting right back to 75 and felt much better.
I was taking 10mg Provera daily but now am on 5mg.
I was a mess on the higher doses but I’m struggling again and currently increasing. My anxiety is horrific and I’m even waking up at night panicking. It’s awful so I feel your pain.

Take care x

Dawnp

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2022, 05:50:12 PM »

That’s really interesting. And I’m sorry to hear you’re struggling too. Can I ask you which symptoms increased for you the more you increased the patches?

Nik2502

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2022, 06:00:38 PM »

Anxiety, crying, dry skin and hair loss were the worst

Dawnp

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2022, 06:20:17 PM »

Oh right. That might explain why my anxiety has got worse and worse then. I’ve been in that place where I literally don’t know whether my symptoms are worse because I need more estrogen, or because I need less.

Shannonplussed

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2022, 06:53:30 PM »

I am also worse on more estrogen. So often on this forum people use high amounts of estrogen, and indeed practitioners prescribe it like that. I’m in Canada and although my practitioner is up to date and knowledgeable, she is was very uncomfortable with me being on three pumps a day of estrogel (although I’m young). It worked out through trial and error that I’m doing much better on a lower dosage, just 1/2-1 pump estrogel. It’s hard to believe many people in the UK are given 3 pumps to start!

Dawnp

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2022, 07:15:38 PM »

I think most docs do start people on the lowest doses but then increase it if symptoms don’t improve. I’ve had to be seen at a menopause clinic because things were so bad. I did start on a 50 patch but it was increased over time as things were not improving. But I definitely feel worse now than a few months ago. I’m completely incapacitated by anxiety and burning up for hours and hours at a time. In fact I’ve been burning up all day today, and it’s really frightening. I don’t have hot flushes as such. Do you mind if I ask which symptoms were worse on higher estrogen? And were they the symptoms you had before hrt, but an increase in them?

Shannonplussed

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2022, 12:55:53 AM »

I guess my emotional/mental health was worse on higher estrogen; the body aches went away and never really came back with dose changes. More estrogen makes me cry more, especially at work. And feeling more high strung out and snappy. More bloated and heavy.

Salad

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2022, 09:52:25 PM »

I remember seeing a couple of ladies on threads here who said they were using the equivalent of 200 patches or more, but I can’t seem to find them now. I’m looking to find anyone on these sort of doses because I’m really struggling. Also keen to know what levels of progesterone you are taking with it because I am currently an absolute mess and can’t get out the house. And I haven’t been able to work for months because my symptoms are so severe. I have such severe anxiety that I am just terrified all the time.

I use high dose Oestrogen, as prescribed by a Menopause qualified GP, at my doctor’s surgery.
I use 200 mcg Estradot, three Lenzetto sprays daily plus Testosterone. The high dose is because I don’t absorb well. I go on symptom control.
No progesterone as I’ve had a hysterectomy  :D