Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Ultrogeston and oestrogel continously  (Read 847 times)

Jan1234

Ultrogeston and oestrogel continously
« on: April 05, 2022, 11:15:16 AM »

Hi im on 3 pumps of oestrogel and 100mg ultrogeston continuous im 57 and im bleeding really heavy my dr as suggested that i try 200mg continuous instead to see if it stols the bleeding i know this is done on a sequel but as any one on here done this dosage continuously im a bit worried about trying it to be honest

Dotty

Re: Ultrogeston and oestrogel continously
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 04:09:13 PM »

Hi I haven’t tried it but it is recommended by the British Menopause Society and Dr Louise Newson . x

Jan1234

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 04:20:29 PM »

Ha thanks dotty im going give it a go then see if it works

NikNik

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2022, 05:47:58 PM »

Hi Jan1234,
I was upped from 100 to 200mg in December. It hasn't completely stopped the bleeding but has lightened it & less frequent.
Due at Gynae next week - not sure what she'll do as she expected bleeding to stop?!
It didn't make much difference going 100mg to 200 in terms of side effects, best bit is the sleep on utro!
Good luck x

Jan1234

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2022, 09:31:30 AM »

Hi im on my 3rd day now of upping my dose of ultrogeston my bleeding is still heavy, i feel dreadful feel weak and heavyheaded dont think i can carry on with this trying to insert these vaginally when im bleeding is awful but the gp said to still do it this way as im so zonked if i take them orally i feel absolutely drained

Mayflower

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2022, 10:17:04 AM »

Hi Jan1234, have you had your ferritin levels checked with the GP, it's possible that your weakness and heavy head could be due to losing so much blood and that you are low in iron.

Jan1234

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2022, 02:03:54 PM »

No had bloods done a while back but not recently, ive only felt like this since upping the ultrogeston gp said Monday try this if it dont work to try a tablet form of hrt im thinking to just stopping hrt at the minute just to get the bleeding stopped, i really dont know what to do for the best as i came ofd hrt over xmas for 6 weeks until i had a polyp removed and i struggled.