Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Bloating and all things indigestion  (Read 1821 times)

Mummytron

Bloating and all things indigestion
« on: March 30, 2022, 03:26:49 PM »

Hi all,
Lately I've been really bloated at times and I've noticed it can feel quite high up. I also have an uncomfortable feeling in the centre of my chest, not chest pain dont panic! Hard to explain. I have ibs and arthritis that affects my chest so it could be that. My ibs is very much flaring at the mo. Could you describe to me what your menopausal indigestion feels like?
Thanks.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bloating and all things indigestion
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 03:33:06 PM »

It can vary.  4 me the feelings start in the middle of my rib cage where the gap is; moves into my chin and sometimes into the facial bones and skull.  Always starts around 3.00 a.m-ish.  Never into my arms or I would be worried  :-\

In the day my guts rumble.  Several years ago my GP prescribed Omeparzoloe for a persistent clearing of throat, = reflex.  Since stopping Coke 3 weeks ago that has almost gone  :o (see my 'what to drink' thread). 

Bloating is awful.  Eating little and often can help.  Cutting out coffee might make a difference.  I can start the day OK but the bloating grows during the day, some times so badly that I can't eat my evening meal!

How does the IBS present?

Mummytron

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2022, 03:43:49 PM »

Hi
It's a feeling of wanting to go but never feeling like I've been properly and then sometimes its an quick dash for a very runny tum. I have LOTS of wind which I think has got worse since I've been going through the meno.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2022, 04:11:52 PM »

That sounds about 'right'.  10 mins. B4 each bleed I would have to run, no argument, even if a period wasn't due!    >:(  Hormones   >:(

I would get very bloated in the few days prior.  So much so that I couldn't keep my skirt closed by mid-afternoon.  Queasy ++

I found 'motillium' helped a lot as well as 'colpermin' peppermint capsules, swallowed within an hour of my main meals.  Helped ease the digestive system to work properly.

Some days my bowel doesn't feel empty ....... which draws me back to the loo, usually without success!

Mummytron

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2022, 09:34:24 PM »

Thanks. I seem to have loose bowels more often at the moment. I dont have regular periods now. Cant remember when I last had a normal poo 🤭 sorry!

Minusminnie

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2022, 11:01:50 PM »

Just my thoughts but if you have unusual bloating and a change in bowel habit for you i would get it checked out to be on the safe side.

I went to doc several years ago now with bloating she did a blood test for ovarian cancer which was okay and then said to start cutting things from my diet one at a time to see what helps. For me gluten free bread makes a difference and less milk.  I now have Oat milk majority of the time.  Rice especially risotto seems to stick around somewhere enroute and can make me bloat.  Less food in one go makes a difference also.

Mummytron

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2022, 08:47:56 PM »

I was worried about bowel cancer as my bowel movements have changed but also feels like ibs. I have a doctors appointment coming up so I'll mention it. I  dont really have any red flag symptoms.