Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: VA treatment options  (Read 3894 times)

Busylizzie

Re: VA treatment options
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2022, 06:09:40 PM »

Thank you to everyone who replied and you are all a great help, I kind of have a plan of action for moving forward!
I feel there is some improvement today but yesterday was hard.   It feels like two steps forward and one back all the time.  So using Ovestin at night does very little for outer regions so I need extra.  This small tube is supposed to last 4 weeks and I think I will get 3 weeks maximum.  I used the weaker cream last night internally and the Ovestin outside and today has been a lot more comfortable.
I will try and get an appointment tomorrow but I don’t hold much hope, so if that fails will do an econsult and request a face to face but also request an increased treatment plan of
Vagifem for internal
Ovestin for outer area
Yes for in between

Will see what happens.

I found some exercises for trapped hip nerve and did several lunges and leg extensions, my balance is rubbish so lots of wobbles and grabbing the sofa back but I do think it’s helped so will continue.  I also feel maybe a trip to an osteopath could help, I did have one session last year with the practise physio  but had to wait a month for an appointment so I think going to an osteopath may be quicker.

Thanks again!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2022, 08:46:37 PM »

I wouldn't go to an osteopath  :-\.

Continue with the exercises ;-)

Floradora

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2022, 09:15:22 AM »

Hi Busylizzie . I feel for you as these vA symptoms are so debilitating. As others have said it can take quite a while to get on top of symptoms. Personally I have found that the general recommendation by drs of twice weekly application after the two week loading to be completely ineffective, it’s not nearly enough when symptoms are severe.  I now use vagifem virtually every day, certainly 5 or six times a week and I use ovestin cream as well 3 or 4 times a week. On the days I don’t use ovestin I massage in some Olive and Bee cream which has good effect on the skin and doesn’t cause any irritation. After following this regimen for about 18 months I have now finally got on top of things. I also take systemic HRT - I don’t know if you do , but if not you will definitely need to make maximum use of vagifem and ovestin etc. hopefully you have an understanding GP who is happy to prescribe these more frequently for you. Hope you feel better soon x

Busylizzie

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2022, 08:04:22 PM »

Hello again ladies and Floradora!
I had a face to face appointment today as things down there have been two steps forward and one step back all the time.  I think I overdid it in the garden over the weekend and ended up with a lot of deep pain again.   So I had an examination and swab taken and a new regime to start as still very inflamed internally from the atrophy.  I now have Vagifem for two weeks straight and then twice weekly, and Ovestin for outer areas and am going for an ultrasound as very tender on right ovary area.  Also some codeine as paracetamol doesn’t help and I can’t take ibuprofen.  As many of you have said, I think this is going to take a while to settle but have found some helpful stretches which do seem to help.  I’d did query pudendal neuralgia and she said it’s possible but I need an ultrasound first.  I am not on any systemic HRT.
Thanks for all your help!
Lizzie who wants to be busy.......

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2022, 08:49:57 AM »

Let us know how you get on.  If you require 'vagifem' every night after the 2 weeks loading, then use it every night ;-).

suzysunday

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2022, 10:15:32 AM »

I had to use ovestin every night for over a month, it took ages to control the VA.  Hope you improve soon.

Busylizzie

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2022, 12:15:53 PM »

I will CLKD!
My appointment was running late so sitting on the waiting room chair started the urethral and outer area pain and burning.  I’d showered all the cream off before I went so ended up standing until called.  Internal with speculum had me yelping.  I took the codeine when I got home and eventually the deep internal grind eased a bit.  Started the Vagifem last night together with the Ovestin on outer areas, I really hope this works even if it takes time and as Floradora said, it is really debilitating! I hope it’s not too long a wait for the ultrasound. Thanks for the support, it means a lot, I don’t really have anyone to offload on, OH says I’m all doom and gloom but it’s really getting me down, it’s been one thing after another for the last six months and I am sure it’s partly stress related, ( my daughter was seriously ill last summer, not covid but working long hours at home on her computer meant she wasn’t moving enough )

Gracie

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2022, 01:09:25 PM »

Glad to see you are on the right road to getting in control of your VA symptoms.
As you know from the previous comments it does take a long time to get into your system and I can’t stress enough if you think the twice a week Vagifem and Ovestin is not working for you, don’t hesitate and use the treatment on a daily basis.

I will never forget the chronic burning pain and discomfort I felt when gardening with no idea what was causing it.  Nine months using Vagifem, Ovestin and moisturiser on a daily basis this gardening year has got off to a very comfortable start.

Give the treatment months, yes months, to work but If you think the treatment used twice a week is not enough, please use on a daily basis. Do keep us updated, and yes stress alone can cause a flare up but not so bad once its well into your system 😊
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 02:15:56 PM by Gracie »
Pages: 1 [2]