Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Alternative to utrogestan?  (Read 3971 times)

Minusminnie

Re: Alternative to utrogestan?
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2022, 06:09:39 AM »

Good to hear your GP is doing that.
Afraid those numbers don't mean much to me as i wasn't monitored in such a way at my peri stage. That's all something i need to learn about so i can't comment there.
My daughter is early 40s and yes.

Vicky81

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2022, 06:38:43 AM »

Hi i will private message you....xx

Vicky81

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2022, 07:17:07 AM »

have woke up this morning full of anxiety. and my head feels fuzzy/bit woozy....is this due to Utrogestan?

Sarah48

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2022, 08:24:56 AM »

Hi Vicky,

I think Utrogestan can make you feel like that.  I have certainly had a swimmy head.  Anxiety can also make you feel like that too.   I suspect it’s a combination of the HRT and Anxiety. 

Your Dr may be happy to prescribe some diazepam which will help ease the anxiety.  It can help whilst your body is getting used to the AD.  But can’t be used long term.

Cognitive behavioural therapy is good for anxiety too.  Just helps change thought patterns.

It seems like Anxiety is your main symptom, it is totally overwhelming and when it appears out of the blue, it’s really hard to process.    Just try and think of it as a feeling that will pass and don’t pay it any attention! 

Xx

Vicky81

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2022, 08:36:42 AM »

Aww Sarah hello!!!

Thanks so much. Just at work and i feel out of it, groggy, spacey...my etes are not in focus!

I have got the DR from my clinic (Dr Savvas) going to call me in here....i dont want this Utrogestan ! Bloody making me feel dizzy! and to add...i even placed it vaginally at 4pm yesterday to see if that would make the side effects the next morning even less....BUT NO! Woke up with MORE anxiety and the symptoms as above.  I am going to see if he will let me do every other night. or change it completely? xx

Perinowpost

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2022, 11:58:57 AM »

Yes it’s due to utrogestan Vicky81, all classic symptoms. I also get the blurred vision with it too, it will go once you stop taking it although withdrawal symptoms take a few days x

Tiredlady

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2022, 01:37:22 PM »

Hello I just had a consultation today with one of Professor Studd's previous colleagues. I have the same problems he said take it only for 7 days in a month 100mg by mouth! So he has said dont take anymore now until 1 May but carry on with 4 x pumps Oestrogel. Obs, this is based on me and my history but thought I would share. I have paid a fortune in trying to get help  :o

Vicky81

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2022, 02:58:04 PM »

Hi who did you speak to?

I am with Studd clinic and waiting for a call from Dr Savvas.

Vicky xx

Vicky81

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2022, 12:37:21 PM »

Update- just had a call from Dr Watson at my clinic. Told him the issues and side effects.
He said for me to put another pump of gel on at night thr same time I take utrogestan.
He also said in some women these side effects do wear off over the months??
Also I have been having horrible lower back pain/ache for days now
Pages: 1 2 [3]