Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Covid making meno worse?  (Read 1005 times)

Clarella

Covid making meno worse?
« on: March 25, 2022, 04:06:45 PM »

Hi,

I had covid 2 months ago, started hrt 5 months ago and went up to estrodot 50 five weeks ago as was experiencing more symptoms. Before covid I had just started to feel well, but only for a couple of weeks!

Have many found that covid reduced the effectiveness of hrt, or potentially my own hormones?

I feel like I started to recover after 3/4 weeks but then I seemed to go down hill with return of lots of peri symptoms.

I have a Gp apt next week; I don’t know whether to keep riding out this latest level (50 estrodot) or ask for another raise?

Dorothy

Re: Covid making meno worse?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2022, 09:53:06 AM »

Covid definitely affects other health issues, so I don't see why it wouldn't affect hormones during menopause as well.

It might be a temporary blip as your body gets over the Covid or it might mean Covid has accelerated the whole menopausal process.  It would be worth talking to your doctor about it.

Dierdre

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2022, 10:03:22 AM »

I read that the vaccine definitely reduces HRT treatment temporarily and affects womens hormornes including menstrual cycles. I'm assuming Covid would be the same.

Dorothy

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2022, 03:41:22 PM »

I read that the vaccine definitely reduces HRT treatment temporarily and affects womens hormornes including menstrual cycles. I'm assuming Covid would be the same.

There has been sufficient evidence gathered now to show a definite link between Covid and a delay in the menstrual cycle.  I've not read anything about scientific research on a link between Covid and HRT but it wouldnt be surprising if it also affected that.

Clarella

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2022, 07:50:31 PM »

Thanks all I’ve since watched a YouTube interview with Dr nick Panay which seems to suggest it does.

Could also be some
Long covid. Having a pretty shit time!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2022, 07:43:00 AM »

Morning.  There are UK-based support groups for Long Covid.