Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Taking Utrogestan for only 7 days a month 100mg & Withdrawal Symptoms  (Read 715 times)

Tiredlady

Hi All,

I had a consultation today with one of Professor John Studd's previous team. I explained I had been with the Newson Clinic and that I was struggling with Utrogestan 100mg every day orally. I don't want to take it vaginally or get a coil I just cannot face it! Anway the current dose is making me feel so tired on some days and a bit sad.
So he said just take it for 7 days in a month 100mg a day then stop. I am willing to do this but how on earth do you stop taking it, when I try I feel miserable so how will this work, you can't taper it in the same way you can a cream! I seem to get withdrawal symptoms.

Any help much appreciated please.
Thanks  :)

sheila99

Re: Taking Utrogestan for only 7 days a month 100mg & Withdrawal Symptoms
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 01:51:43 PM »

Have tried any other type of progestogen? You may find something you can tolerate better than utro. If you continue with this very low dose of utro you should have regular scans to check your lining isn't building up. How much oestrogen are you on? The higher the dose the more risky it is.
It is possible to extract some of the utro with a syringe but probably better to try to find an alternative. Also this is a sequi regime that means you should bleed and I'm not sure how tapering may affect that.

Perinowpost

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 03:59:40 PM »

Hi Tiredlady I have been on this regime. I’ve not found a way to taper it successfully as the capsules are so small. I have 2 bad withdrawal days per month and then I gradually return to normal over the next few days. Hope this helps  x

Tiredlady

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2022, 08:58:23 PM »

Thank you Sheila99 & Perinowpost :) Perinowpost its good to know it only lasts 2 days and wow sheila99 I never thought about a syringe! Its just hard to think how to remove the right amount!