Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Perimenopause/Long Covid and Evorel 100mcg - to cut or not to cut?  (Read 712 times)

Di941

• First Flush

Hello all, I am new to the forum and am hopeful to gain lots of knowledge from you all.  I have had long covid for over 2 years and it has paid havoc with my hormones. I started HRT last year 2 pumps Estrogel (sometimes 4) and think it helped a bit but felt maybe more was needed. I had a consultation last week and consultant suggested 100mcg Evorel.  I have only been on the patch a few days but find the side effects difficult - nausea, some anxiety and my blocked ears - which have been an on/off problem for the past 2 years with long covid. I have read that high estrogen can cause inflammation in the eustachian tube so think the two are linked. I am basically trying to decide how long to perservere at 100mcg or whether to cut the patch to 75mcg. If I do this, does it matter how I cut 1/4 off and will it still stick okay? So many questions ;)

Amazing grace

Re: Perimenopause/Long Covid and Evorel 100mcg - to cut or not to cut?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 05:19:19 PM »

Hi, I have been on hrt 4 nearly 5 years and I can say from my own personal experience that estrogen can cause blocked ears, I never had a problem before starting hrt and I've been plagued with it since using estrogen, I've used everol patches and I did have the side effects you describe, they did settle after a few weeks( nausea and anxiety) , but the ear thing remained but  its on and off, I have cut patches in past but I found they curled up at edges and didn't stick so good, so I stopped doing it and just stuck to a whole patch, my gp told me not to cut the patches as they didn't work as well, but Ive seen lots of posts on here where women get on fine with cutting them,  you haven't been on the 100 patch very long maybe give it a bit longer to settle, I know that's hard when you feel rubbish but changing things to quickly or constantly going up or down the dose will only make things worse I've done exactly that before and it made things much worse, sorry to hear you have long covid that must be awful on top of menopause symptoms and side effects of hrt mixed into it, hope you feel well soon and get some relief soon x

Flan747

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 06:19:53 AM »

Hi I’m currently on 75 Everol so cut them diagonally to take a quarter out! They are a bit fiddly to apply but I place a Tegaderm over the top to stop the delicate edges rolling up! This was a great tip from someone on here! You can get 75 Everol but I think I may need a bigger dose so sticking with the 100’s for now! Good luck

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2022, 09:26:26 AM »

Doubling the dose was probably not the best idea, it's usually better to increase slowly so your body has time to adjust. It should be OK to cut a piece off.