Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Not crying but sobbing  (Read 7126 times)

Louise2010

Re: Not crying but sobbing
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2022, 01:06:59 PM »

How are you feeling today Muriel ? Hope the lower dosage is still working for you. X

Muriel

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2022, 05:34:00 PM »

Hi Louise, thank you so much for asking 🥰
Mood has definitely lifted but the hot sweats are back and agitation creeping in, I’ve taken propranolol today as I needed to be fully functioning and now I’m thinking about adding 0.50 of Sandrena 🤔

How are you feeling?

Louise2010

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2022, 04:22:36 PM »

Sorry for delay in replying. I’m sorry to hear about the hot sweats and agitation- what we as women have to go through …. I really hope that settles down for you and the Sandrena has helped.
I’m finding that I’m very up and down at the moment. Having a down day today. Overriding feeling is I don’t recognise myself any more & feel very, very old & crabby. It’s the insomnia. Staying awake during the day is a challenge but night time not a problem 🤣😫 xx

Muriel

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2022, 12:07:49 PM »

Louise, I’m so sorry you are feeling so low, you’re right 😢 what we have to go through.

I don’t know anything helpful to say about insomnia, a close friend of mine also suffers, he’s been to therapists and clinics, nothing has helped, he now has prescription sleeping pills but only 7 a month and they only give him 4 hours broken sleep.

I’m down the pit of black despair again this time with horrible indigestion 😆🤦‍♀️ Is there no end to the torture 🤦‍♀️
It’s been suggested in another group that either my oestrogen isn’t maximised or I have an intolerance to Utrogestan… it’s got to be one or the other!!!

Kathleen

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2022, 03:23:38 PM »

Hello again ladies.

I am also having a rubbish day after a reasonable one yesterday!

As I have said, I am testing the hypothesis that 'Less is More' and have accordingly lowered my Sandrena gel to two sachets per day although this may still be too much for me of course.

I believe I am in a slightly different position to the rest of you because I am post meno so my own hormones are not likely to be fluctuating in the background. I wonder if I have introduced unnecessary hormonal swings with my HRT and have infact been living in a perpetual peri meno state. What a thought!.

So far I have been on two sachets a day for two weeks and my moods are still up and down. The last two days I have noticed the jittery, internal shaking feeling return and today I had a headache which was a symptom at the beginning of this blooming journey. Why do our bodies hate us at this time in our lives?

Muriel - I am tempted to 'forget' my gel one day to see what happens.

KarineT - I don't think my Hashimoto's has impacted on my moods. The anxiety symptoms I have now are the same as they were when I became post meno and that was long before I had Hashimoto's.

Wishing you all well ladies.

K.

Nas

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2022, 04:01:58 PM »

Another one having a rubbish day  :-\
Just can’t get the HRT right. Bleeding again and am now questioning whether I’m even post menopausal. My last (what I believe) to be my natural period was 27 months ago! But since starting HRT patches and now oral, from December 20, I’ve bled each month, sometimes twice!

Sick of it almost doesn’t come close  :'(

Kathleen

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2022, 04:35:07 PM »

Hello again ladies.

Nas- I really feel  for you, the frustration and frequent bleeding must be so debilitating.

There must be someone who can investigate your case. From what I recall you are referred for scans after every bleed but that isn't solving the problem of the bleeds in the first place. Sorry if you have already thought about this but would an email to Dr Currie help you? She is a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist and she must have encountered similar issues to yours.

I'm sorry that I can't be of help but I think that we just have to keep fighting for our health, no matter how exhausting it all is.

Wishing you well.

K.

Muriel

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2022, 04:55:58 PM »

Hi Kathleen, sorry to hear about your rubbish day too ☺️
I’m also post meno, I was on tablet HRT for a long time, it was only when I changed to patches and then gel plus Utrogestan that all my problems started!

Are you going to lower your Sandrena?
I’ve been advised more oestrogen not less is probably what I need to stabilise my mood 🤔
I’m thinking about no Utrogestan for a few nights and if I feel better then I’ll know what the culprit is 🤔

Muriel

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2022, 05:12:04 PM »

Nas, so sorry you’re going through a tough time too 🤗

If you’re not post meno then maybe you could try a sequential regime so that you bleed regularly?
I know this worked for my sister 😊

Kathleen

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2022, 11:52:41 AM »

Hello again ladies.

Muriel -  I am experimenting with lowering my dose of Sandrena. Six months ago I was using three sachets and 100mcg of Utrogestan alternate nights as advised by Newson Health. There were times when I felt fine and back to normal but I also had spells of crying and panic. I concluded that my moods were still unstable. I was prepared to continue though but increasing breast tenderness and then bleeding forced me to reconsider. I have gradually lowered my dose to two sachets and changed my progesterone to Cyclogest pessaries. My hope is that my mood changes become less extreme if my hormones are better balanced. Fingers crossed!

I wish you luck with your Utrogestan experiment and please update us when you can.

Wishing you well.

K.

Gnatty

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2022, 12:49:38 PM »

That sounds like a good plan Kathleen, I'll be interested to hear how you get on. Good luck too Muriel. As you say you'll hopefully soon know which hormone is to blame.

Louise2010

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2022, 12:06:12 PM »

Hi Ladies
How are you all today? I’m still very up and down mood wise which is in itself exhausting and horrible for my family.
I thought peri menopause was as bad as it got how naive I was! 🤣 my symptoms (touch wood) like sweats, flushes, VA seem to be under control but I can’t seem to sort the sleep so I feel rested and I’m sure that will make me crabby.
When I first took my 10 days of utrogestan this month I initially felt much better and the quality of my sleep was better too. I’ve now stopped and I’m keeping a track of how I’m doing.

I wonder if our own hormones are doing their own thing still and having an erratic effect despite us technically be post menopause?🤔🤔🤔

KarineT

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2022, 03:37:00 PM »

Hi Muriel & Kathleen

Muriel, I hope you're feeling better now and thanks for the link you've sent me.

Kathleen, can ypu remind how long you've been in postmeno?  Did your emotional/psyschological start as soon as you hit postmenopause? As for me I'm not sure if my postmeno status is 1 year or 2 as they say the menopause is confirmed 12 months after the last period.  I haven't had a period since February 2020.  I really hope that things will get beter and not worse but maybe it's wishful thinking.  At times I still find it very hard to understand how just a single hormone, such as oestrogen, can wreak havoc on someone's emotional wellbeing.   It's terrible. 

Muriel

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2022, 09:19:08 AM »

Hello Ladies, I hope you’re all enjoying the sunshine this Bank Holiday and feeling more balanced in your hormones  😊

After taking advice from a meno nurse on another forum I was advised to continue with Utro 100mg vaginally every night, I have to say I do like the sedative effect, she also advised that to alleviate the low mood and crying more oestrogen is needed not less!
Have to say she’s right because the dreaded sweats have been retuning thick and fast as well telling me I need more oestrogen.. I think 🤔 😕
As supply of either gel is difficult to find around here, last week I went back to Estradot @ 125mcg … now my mood has lifted slightly but as I say the sweats are back with a vengeance and my histamine levels are raised and tinnitus more noticeable so now I’m guessing I’m not absorbing nearly enough oestrogen from the patches … will this never end!! 😢

I sent an e-consult to my sympathetic doctor who has prescribed oestrogen tablets for the short term, also supply dependant but I’m hoping to start those next week 🥴
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 09:44:00 AM by Muriel »

Kathleen

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2022, 10:08:25 AM »

Hello again ladies.

Muriel -   I am not surprised that you want to increase your Oestrogen now that your sweats have returned. It is unfortunate that supply issues are causing you extra problems. 

Personally I am still working on the 'Less is More' hypothesis and slowly lowering my dose of Oestrogen. If  my flushes etc return I will know that I have reached a point where my levels are too low. I will keep the forum updated for anyone interested.

KarineT -  I am post meno by about ten years and my emotional issues began about a year or two later. Initially they were very mild and easily tolerated but gradually they became more intense and troublesome. I didn't have much of a peri menopause, my periods didn't alter at all, they just stopped suddenly and stayed away for the next twelve months. I think my present lack of physical symptoms is due to my HRT but I am trying to find a solution to the emotional issues.

Take care ladies.

K.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4