Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Shall I reduce the patch? thoughts needed  (Read 2052 times)

KaraShannon

Shall I reduce the patch? thoughts needed
« on: April 03, 2022, 09:20:59 PM »

Hi everyone

I've had labyrinthitis and migraine on and off for 3 weeks. 

I'm wondering what is most likely, too much or too little oestrogen?  I know everyone's different but is there a most likely?

The doctor has agreed to me having a blood test but that won't be until Thursday as my new patch goes on tonight.  I'm putting Evorel 100 on.  I'm wondering whether to reduce it to 75.  I'm worried the oestrogen is hurting my head.  I've been on 100 for a while now, since October 2021, so really not sure what to do re tonight's patch. 

Any thoughts would be really appreciated.  I'm thinking of lowering it to 75, but if low oestrogen is the most likely reason (I've never had all this before), then I should stick to the 100 and hope that in a week or so I'll be better.

Thanks for any thoughts  :)

sheila99

Re: Shall I reduce the patch? thoughts needed
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2022, 09:30:48 PM »

I don't think labyrinthitis is related to either meno or oestrogen levels. I don't know about migraines and hrt, maybe try a search is you don't get any answers here. If it was me I would stay on 100mg until after the blood test as that may may point you in the right direction. If you reduce now the results won't really tell you anything useful.

KaraShannon

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2022, 09:37:20 PM »

Thanks, that's kind of what I was thinking, just doing a google search it's generally considered that low oestrogen leads to migraines and as I never had them when young, I'm going to go with that theory and stick with the 100 for now.  Glad to get another mind on it though  :)

KaraShannon

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 08:02:55 PM »

Update, had to take the day off, this has been going on too long with the migraine and dizziness.  I put my patch on as normal last night.  Today I decided to leave the vagirux (I think that's the name of the new one  ;D) out.  Tonight I'm almost on a high, the ringing in the ears has gone right down and it was bad.  I even felt well enough to go for a walk this evening. 

I know when I started vagifem the migraine and tinnitus was directly linked and it stopped when I stopped it.  But a bit later I tried it again and found I gradually started to tolerate it.  So not sure, if it is the vagirux doing it, why it would start again after all this time, but it might be that.  We'll see.

KaraShannon

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2022, 10:50:43 PM »

Day 3 without vaginal oestrogen tablet and today has been the best so far in 3 weeks.  It might be a coincidence, but I did get migraine right at the beginning, 2 years ago, but then fell into a pattern I could tolerate.  I might have taken 3 in a row at the start of all this and triggered migraine, not sure, might not be linked to them at all but I think it probably is. 

I meant to have one today but forgot, oh well, tomorrow I will have it and then build up gradually again.  I don't seem to be having any vaginal issues either, perhaps the Evorel 100 patch is enough, at that dosage.  Or perhaps its too soon to say. 

Just glad that migraine and labyrinthitis has eased off after 3 weeks.

Smokey

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2022, 11:11:11 AM »

Hi it’s horrible when you don’t know what is causing what!

I’m Currently waiting for appointment at menopause clinic to see if I can get blood test to find out if I need more oestrogen as I’m on max dose of oestrodot patch 100 that the doctors can prescribe.  I was on gel before 3/1/2 pumps then they changed me to patches and I’ve not felt well since I kept getting feelings of being aware of my breathing and corsodol surges which make me feel panicky.

I hope you get sorted soon, doc’s don’t realise how ill these hormones can make you feel.

Smokey

KaraShannon

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2022, 01:37:12 AM »

How are you now Smokey?

I've been getting weird 'surges' but not got those at the moment.  Unfortunately I've got terrible postural hypotension (I meet all the criteria for it, but only discussed with the GP on the phone).  Getting out of the car and walking to a shop is actually very difficult at the moment as it's also delayed, so I can walk towards the shop and then it hits with dizziness. 

I have a blood test coming this week and I will be contacting the GP on Monday as it's not good and I've given it enough time to go away if it was due to something else (infection or dehydration etc)