Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Dosage  (Read 720 times)

Paz23

Dosage
« on: April 01, 2022, 06:10:58 AM »

So I’m currently on 3 pumps of estrogel but over the last few weeks some of my peri symptoms have come back. I’m assuming this means there has been another drop in my oestrogen levels and I need a higher dose.
Problem is I can’t get a dr appointment for 2 weeks to discuss it so I was going to just up it to 4 pumps myself as I’ve got plenty of gel due to a pharmacy mistake. I’m just checking if people think 4 pumps is ok? I’m getting fed up with waking up in the night soaked through and creaking joints but I don’t want to do anything dangerous. Also I’m running out of room to put it, I already put it on my thighs and upper arms, where else can I put it? Perhaps I might be better trying a patch once I’ve used up all my gel.

Dotty

Re: Dosage
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 07:00:15 AM »

Hi yes 4 pumps is ok. I’ve been on that for 4 years x

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 08:25:00 AM »

You could try an extra half pump and see if that controls it. 4 pumps isn't unusual in later peri. I'm on 4 (very late peri) and have split the dose so 2 pumps on thighs night and morning.

Paz23

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2022, 01:41:24 PM »

I’ve been peri for 2 years, I’m 42. I read somewhere that it’s likely younger women need more during peri. That’s a good idea to do 2 morning & 2 at night -if I remember!!