Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Femeston Conti/ bladder issues  (Read 1147 times)

Nas

Femeston Conti/ bladder issues
« on: March 29, 2022, 03:53:58 PM »

Hi again!
I made the switch from the 75 evorel patch and utrogestan, to femeston Conti 1mg oral, 8 weeks ago now. Mainly due to bleeding on patches.

The femeston suits me in some ways, e.g flushes are controlled, mood is quite stable, anxiety not too bad. However, my bladder has now become problematic. I’m using ovestin and vagirux daily, but bladder is irritated and I’m weeing constantly. I did not experience this on the patch, as it was very effective at controlling that area.

I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to revert to patches, in fear of bleeding ( every 2/3 weeks of painful bleeds) Plus, I’ve had breast cancer and medics want my Oestrogen kept to as low dose as possible!

I’m requesting a switch from vagirux  to vagifem and have YES products also. But it seems I need the combo of local and higher systemic Oestrogen.

Any ideas what I can do?
Thanks
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 04:24:12 PM by Nas »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Femeston Conti/ bladder issues
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2022, 04:13:36 PM »

Remind me when the treatment for breast cancer happened?  I've got meno brain this week due to the change of clocks  :-\. Do U have regular appts with an Oncologist? 

Get that Vagifem up there.  Also when I get that bladder irritation I take 'nurofen' 2 capsules every 4 hours to ease the nip as the spincter closes the urine flow.  Don't limit your liquid intake as the kidneys will work harder = more toilet visits. 

Trial and Error can be so tiring.  If necessary use two Vagifem pessaries occasionally do ease symptoms. 

Nas

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2022, 04:34:08 PM »

BC treatment was over 10 years ago now.
I don’t see oncology any longer.

I wasn’t getting on with the vagirux applicator ( flimsy and ineffective) so wondering If maybe I wasn’t hitting ‘ the spot’ with the pessary. This is why I’m requesting a switch over and have had to buy vagifem in the interim ,as Ovestin alone isn’t working and I need something now.

When I added a spray of lenzetto, to the femeston, it sorted the bladder issue but made me bleed!

It’s really getting on my nerves all of this !  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2022, 05:16:32 PM »

We spend so much time thinking about bladder, bowels, teeth, gums, dry skin etc.  >:(

Let us know how you get on!

Nas

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2022, 05:31:59 PM »

Well unfortunately, when you have to work and run a home with these discomforts, its very tough. Im very sore, so was seeking advice.

Thanks  :)

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2022, 08:25:32 PM »

Have you got the 'vagifem' yet?

Nas

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2022, 08:45:48 PM »

No, ive had to buy it for now.
As i said, i doubt im on enough oestrogen but dont want to bleed.

dahliagirl

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2022, 10:51:08 PM »

I use femeston 1/5 (conti) but I find I have to keep very up to date with the local oestrogen tablets.  I use one every other day and go back to every day when things go awry.

Nas

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2022, 04:03:22 PM »

dahliagirl, do you feel that the femeston helps with the bladder issues or do you definitely need the local oestrogen too?
I find the conti is good for my mood, but not alot else1 My bladder has gone awol this week and no amount of cream is helping.
Not sure what to do.  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2022, 04:06:44 PM »

Get some 'vagifem' ?

Nas

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2022, 04:14:00 PM »

I think I mentioned that i was waiting for the vagifem CLKD. I have ovestin for now but it isn't working.

VictoryV

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2022, 04:15:13 PM »

Hi Nas,
On progesterone I need to go for a pee twice as often as normal which drives me bonkers!

I am looking at two products whilst I try to solve the progesterone merry-go-round, they are:
1) E-String.
2) Intarosa.
I’ve never used them but other women have reviewed them and some mention reduced bathroom trips.

Have you tried either? X

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2022, 04:22:53 PM »

How often do you insert the 'ovestin'?  Sometimes I have to put 1 dose up in the afternoon and another that evening as well as gently smearing it round the outer labial areas.  Some require both and some require HRT also.   

dahliagirl

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2022, 08:44:26 PM »

I was originally on 2/10 which I needed as it helped my bladder amongst other things but went down to 1/5  after a few years because it was causing me other problems.

I use the vagifem (or the generic form) alternate days or every day for 2 weeks if I have problems.  I do not find the Femoston enough on its own and also the vagifem is not enough on its own.  When things are OK though I forget the vagifem some nights and eventually have to do the 2 week thing.

I also have problems with constipation and this has a knock on effect on the bladder.  I did not realise until DancingGirl on this site suggested it.  So that is another thing to keep an eye on.

Other things I have found helped - drinking plenty of water during the day and something callled Multi-gyn actigel which is supposed to help balance pH.

Nas

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2022, 03:00:13 PM »

Thanks dahliagirl
I’ve come to the same conclusion. Femeston alone isn’t enough, neither is just vagifem.

It’s just awful at present,  don’t know what to do.