Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Fibroids and HRT  (Read 1114 times)

jayneaddo

Fibroids and HRT
« on: March 27, 2022, 06:37:39 PM »

Hi everyone

Is there anyone on here that has fibroids and is on HRT with lots of spotting and bleeding.

I habpve been on HRT for around 18 years and it was a lifesaver for me. I have had a fibroid all that time but in last 3 years have lots of bleeding . Had an ultrasound today and think it’s pressing on womb wall and causing it. I have interstitial cystitis which is awful when I am not on
HRT so do t want to come off. Any ideas?

Gnatty

Re: Fibroids and HRT
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2022, 09:10:38 PM »

Hi there, yes I had a fibroid which I am pretty sure grew because of hrt. I ended up with a hysterectomy. So now I am able to take hrt without the progesterone. Quite a drastic action though! What about a mirena coil as a less invasive option?

Moanybreeks

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2022, 06:49:46 AM »

Hi. I have a fibroid on each ovary, have been on HRT for 5 years.  I had the Mirena coil fitted 3 years ago, did have some spotting, light bleeds initially, but now that is rare.

Good luck finding a solution for your symptoms.

jayneaddo

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2022, 08:05:14 PM »

Thanks for the replies
I cannot tolerate the mire a coil as quite progesterone intolerant. Have a hysteroscopy booked next week now. Hope to get more answers there

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2022, 09:04:56 AM »

You could ask about the possibility of removing the fibroid. Accepting the bleeding because of the fibroid is a bit iffy just in case you miss something worse (like cancer) because of it. Is the cystitis really cystitis or could it be VA? Symptoms are very similar. If it's VA you can use topical oestrogen if that's the only reason you're on hrt.