Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Nausea after reducing HRT  (Read 881 times)

Dawnp

Nausea after reducing HRT
« on: March 29, 2022, 11:07:13 AM »

I have had to reduce my hrt because it was giving me some unpleasant side effects. I was on 200 patches but reduced to 175 a week ago. I now have the most horrific nausea. Has anyone else experienced this when reducing their hrt dose?

Dotty

Re: Nausea after reducing HRT
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2022, 11:58:35 AM »

Nausea was one of my worst menopausal symptoms. For me it was a sign of low oestrogen x

Dawnp

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2022, 12:06:11 PM »

I’m in an awful place where I had no option but to reduce it but where I now have nausea so bad that I can’t move. Just spoken to gp who has prescribed some anti nausea tablets but I just don’t know what to do now. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2022, 02:08:42 PM »

Take the anti-nausea medication, they really do work.  As do ginger biscuits. 

Did U have relief on the regime, if so, is there another way of delivering the HRT?

Dawnp

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2022, 02:45:59 PM »

Yes, I’ll definitely get some ginger biscuits.
I did get some relief from night sweats but was getting hours of weird burning during the day. Which got worse the more I increased.
However, I’m now back to night sweats and still burning up in a slightly different way for hours. With added nausea. It’s all unbearable either way. Not sure if any other methods would make a difference because I think my body is intolerant to the levels of estrogen I need for symptom relief. Might need to consider other drugs instead. x
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 02:48:23 PM by Dawnp »

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2022, 02:50:22 PM »

Boiled, cooled water. ......... sipped often.  Dextrose tablets can help too.  Dried fruits and nuts are one of my go to fillers. 

Uptick

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2022, 02:51:15 PM »

Hi Dawnp, any change in the HRT regimen will cause symptoms, which is what natural fluctuations in hormones are supposed to do. Some symptoms will subside once you give your body time to reach a new steady state.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2022, 03:12:53 PM »

Could you face a small piece of banana  or Rich T biscuit?

Dawnp

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2022, 03:15:06 PM »

Thank you both.

I hope you’re right Uptick. My body has been unable to reach a steady state at any point in the last nine months while I’ve been on hrt. 😢

CLKD thank you. I’ll go and find a rich tea biscuit. I think bananas are ok as well, as I forced one down this morning. X

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2022, 03:39:20 PM »

It's what you fancy, when I'm queasy I can't eat anything.  So I have go-to ideas to hand.

You can munch another banana, I usually leave 5 hours between each one.  On toast works for me too.  Nausea is the pits  :'(