Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Emotional flatness in peri?  (Read 1139 times)

Vicky81

Emotional flatness in peri?
« on: March 30, 2022, 03:09:11 PM »

Hello all

Just wanted to ask if anyone has experienced being emotionally flat in perimenopause?

I ask because that's how I've felt for months...just no real emotion in me, its like I feel empty inside. Only emotions I feel is low, sad, tearful at times,, irritable.

I used to feel so much happiness and love to everyone..  its just me I'm like that...even with work colleagues,, and most importantly my partner.....but no more...

Vicky xxxx

Sazzle42115

Re: Emotional flatness in peri?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 05:26:25 PM »

Same here post menopause, no joy or fun just a sad she'll  :(

Vicky81

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2022, 05:57:28 PM »

Hi sazzle

I get you on the shell thing.

Are you not on any HRT? Xx

Sazzle42115

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2022, 06:39:19 PM »

Yes but no luck getting s stable regime. I was on elleste duet and then anxiety started creeping in swapped to gel and then spray up to 4 pumps of gel and then 6 sprays Bute not absorbing levels still really low. Now trialing patch but it all takes time and it's been going on so long. I have chronic insomnia, constant anxiety and now feel like depression. Who knew hormones could play such a big part in life. I'm toying with an implant now but that is pretty drastic!!! Xxxxx

Sarah48

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2022, 07:00:53 PM »

Hi Vicky,

Can totally relate to how you feel.  I’m new to all things Peri/menopause but it could be that a Anti Depressant may help alongside the HRT?  If the anxiety is really bad the Dr can prescribe Valium but only for short term whilst other medication kicks in.  I suffered with Anxiety way before my hormones declined and the AD changed my life.  It all seems very hit & miss and what works for one doesn’t for another.
You will feel better again, there is something that will work for you x

Vicky81

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2022, 07:33:02 PM »

Hi sarah- thanks 4 your message.  I'm on AD sertraline 100mg. Only day 12 so far....

Which AD was successful for you?

Sazzle- I'm so sorry yiu are going through all this! Its horrible I know....feel free to message me anytime xxx

Sarah48

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2022, 08:22:35 PM »

I take Citalapram.. apparently good for anxiety.  It worked for me, but took a good couple of weeks.    I have been taking it for around 10 years.

I have, more recently,  started to get anxiety again but it was only mild until I started taking Evorel and Utrogestan.  It then went through the roof!  Since reducing the Evorel I have felt better,  although had moments of feeling very hot!!  But still early days.

They suggest giving AD at least a month to feel benefits.   The Dr could definitely give you something to help over next few weeks.

Don’t suffer,  speak to your GP xx

Nas

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2022, 08:36:22 PM »

It’s all utter crap this menopause and so unfair.

I feel life is becoming ruined by it. So draining and wearing on the brain and body. Years ago, women didn’t live long enough to suffer, now more and more women are in hell!

HRT has done buggar all for me. One a decent whack of Oestrogen and I bleed, but no VA. On a low dose, bleeding is less but VA and zero feeling downstairs!

Total crap!

Sazzle42115

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2022, 09:17:03 PM »

I know it's more talked about in the workplace but can you imagine a man being cut down in his prime, one day normal next day like a switch has been flicked you can't sleep, you're stressed and anxious about simple things like driving and shopping. You can't find or remember anything........I need a menopause break like mat leave but God knows it feels like I'm never going to be out of this...oh well looking forward to another 3am start xxxx

Vicky81

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2022, 09:53:02 AM »

Thanks so much to those who have replied so far.....

Sarah - glad the Cit worked for you...what dose?

NAS - So sorry HRT did nothing for you...which one was you on?

Sazzle - god yes! can you imagine!!! Men cant take anything!!! i am the same....forgetful, stop mid sentence...dont know what i am saying sometimes! I hope this gets better xx

LornaT

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2022, 10:36:18 AM »

Hi Vicky, sorry can’t pm you it won’t let me, it does seem a slow slog to get there, I’m still not completely there yet, keep persevering, it has to get there eventually! X

Sarah48

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2022, 06:14:45 PM »

I take 20mg but you can go up to 40mg I think xx

Vicky81

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2022, 07:14:28 PM »

Ok thanks guys xxxx