Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Kilofem bleeding  (Read 646 times)

Lisajb21

• First Flush
Kilofem bleeding
« on: March 28, 2022, 11:18:18 AM »

Hi ladies, first post today ☺️ Basically gp agreed to switch me from cyclical to continuous 2 months ago. Hadn't had a natural period in over a year and am 55 years old. I was on femoston 2/10 but was sick of the monthly bleed on them, hence switching to Continuous . First month on kilofem was fine but second month I have been bleeding/spotting for 3 weeks and still going. I'm actually thinking of switching back to femoston as at least I was only bleeding for a week and knew how to plan around it 🥴. Has anyone had anything similar and the bleeding stopped? My gp has told me to give it up to six months, which I just cannot face. Any advice much appreciated thank you!

Dotty

Re: Kilofem bleeding
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 12:15:12 PM »

Hi bleeding can take up to 6 months to settle when changing to a continuous regime. x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2022, 12:20:02 PM »

Hi Lisajb21 - as Dotty says bleeding is common for the first six months. Depending on how it is making you feel then it can be worth switching back to sequi if this suited you. I did this as the conti HRT gave me continuous bleeding for six months and I'd had enough and wanted to return to a predictable bleed.  Do you know why your GP didn't switch you to Femoston conti if you got on ok with this type?

Patch or gel HRT is safer as we get older by the way - would you consider this? Also how long have your been on HRT?

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Lisajb21

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2022, 05:17:18 PM »

Thank you ladies :) I have no idea why she didn't switch me to femoston conti? I just got prescribed kilofem. Iv tried patches but they just would not stick on me :( I did everything, held them in my palms to warm up, never put lotion on skin etc. always fell off, especially in the bath, I just think I'm a pretty clammy person lol. Iv never been offered gel either. My gp isn't that clued up to be honest! Iv been on htr a year in April. I feel ok on them, apart from the bleeding and brain fog sometimes, but has helped with the aches & night sweats.  But if it takes time I guess it's a case of putting up or switching back. I'm going away on holiday in May, so going to see how things pan out until Begining April, if I'm still bleeding I will switch back as have worked dates out with the femoston, so I won't have a bleed when I switch back. That's if the Femoston will stop the bleeding! It's a minefield and feel I want to talk to someone who knows more than my gp, do you think it's worth me asking for a referral to a menopause clinic? Although I realise there will be a wait :(