Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Bladder pain...again  (Read 859 times)

Marshabookworm

Bladder pain...again
« on: June 04, 2022, 04:39:45 PM »

Hi all, I suffered a few months back with what I thought was recurrent UTI's. Samples came back clear and I read about VA, which I mentioned to GP and I was given Replens and later the oestrogen cream (can't remember the name). The replens seemed to be working so tbh I haven't used the other one much.

A couple of months ago, everything seemed better, so I stopped using the replens, and haven't had any issues until today. At work, when for a wee, and had a terrible pain, low down left side around the labia area, after, which is still niggling hours later.

Of course the anxiety is kicking in, which is a shame as my health anxiety has been much better lately. If this is VA why does it come and go, should I keep the replens going even if everything is okay? I'm worrying its something like bladder cancer.

Any advice would be appreciated.  I've had a miserable afternoon at work worrying about it  :-\ thank you

Nas

Re: Bladder pain...again
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2022, 05:01:17 PM »

VA requires life long maintenance unfortunately, else you run the risk of the damm thing rearing it’s ugly head, more times than you want.

Replens, vagifem, ovestin and YES are all products which could help.

Really you want Oestrogen cream/ pessaries, as it’s loss of Oestrogen causing the issue for you.

Best of luck and do keep up with the treatment. Honestly , it will come back otherwise.

Xx🌸

« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 06:18:54 PM by Nas »

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2022, 05:02:55 PM »

The only thing which will properly help VA is local oestrogen such as vagifem pessaries or the cream you have been prescribed. Replens will probably keep things comfy but won't plump up your vaginal tissues. The skin around the urethra becomes thin and uncomfortable too. Why not try the cream? It's also important to use it for life too. Once you stop the problem will return. I'm on full transdermal HRT and vagifem as I am many years post meno and I need both.

Try not to worry about bladder cancer. Your symptoms sound typical for VA.

Taz x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2022, 05:48:54 PM »

Once you begin to feel more comfortable hopefully your mood will lift. It's important to follow the instructions exactly to get things under control. Let us know how you get on.

Men have their own problems of course but they do seem to get off more lightly!

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2022, 06:04:56 PM »

Ditch the Replens!  Many ladies find it makes the feelings worse.

4 me it was like razor blades  :o up there, my GP prescribed 'ovestin'.  Used regularly it really has helped.  When the need2P bothers me, I take 'nurofen' regularly until the feelings go away.