Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Reaction to Tegaderm anyone?  (Read 429 times)

Gilla999

Reaction to Tegaderm anyone?
« on: May 16, 2024, 04:49:21 PM »

I've been using Tegaderm over my Evorel patches for months without an issue. Randomly in the last two weeks since I've had a massive reoccurrence of problems that I put down to antibiotic use interfering with my medications, I've developed some kind of reaction to the Tegaderm. When I remove it, over the course of the next 8 hours it gradually grows redder and redder until it's a perfect red square where the Tegaderm was, except for a blob of white in the middle where the actual Evorel patch was. No itching, but the skin is sore.

Has anyone else ever had any kind of reaction to Tegaderm? It's so strange that it would arrive out of nowhere, and in parallel with so many other problems when I've been really well for months...

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Reaction to Tegaderm anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024, 08:38:41 PM »

STOP using it.  The skin can develop sensitivites after use of products.

Gilla999

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2024, 02:56:55 PM »

Yes definitely! Have stopped a few days ago. Problem is I now also seem to be getting a similar reaction to the actual Evorel patch, but I'm fairly sure it's the adhesive (an adhesive allergy is what causes a tegaderm reaction apparently) rather than the patch per se. It seems I have suddenly developed an adhesive allergy, add that to the list of joyous menopause symptoms! I'll see how it goes with the patches for a while and if it gets worse I'll need to swap. This is a year after having to switch from Lenzetto because after a year that also started to give me a skin dermatitis reaction. It seems my body is determind to repel HRT!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2024, 03:58:32 PM »

Get an appt ASAP.  If the body gets sensitive to a product, it needs to be allowed to settle so a change of regime might be in order?

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2024, 05:26:39 PM »

I developed an allergic to evorel too. I'm OK with oestrogel and estradot.