Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Has anyone had/got Prolapse?  (Read 4516 times)

Sarah48

Re: Has anyone had/got Prolapse?
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2022, 10:11:36 PM »

Hi ladies,

The pessary I had was a cube.. the consultant said the pessary could/might help but the physio wouldn’t sort my prolapses, my uterus has dropped too, which is why I need the hysterectomy too.   We currently have private health care, so I thought I would go on and get it sorted.  I am having a cystoscopy at the same time.
I have a constant dragging feeling in my lower stomach,  retaining urine, feels like I have a tampon falling out.  I do understand that prolapse surgery can fail but I am so fed up with my symptoms.
I am still seeing the physio too.. apparently my pelvic floor is quite strong.
The Vagifem makes my bladder symptoms worse, which is odd as so many ladies benefit from it.
X

I am still seeing the physio

Taz2

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2022, 10:58:37 PM »

Sounds like it's all covered. Keep your ovaries if you can though. Good luck with the op and make sure you follow recovery instructions too. That's quite a lot to have done at once but at least, that way, it's all over with in one go  :)

Haydo

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2022, 07:26:30 AM »

Completely understand why you’re going ahead with it, particularly as you have private health care.  Plenty of rest and recuperation afterwards too.  Good luck with it all.  Do let us know how you get on.

Sarah48

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2022, 07:39:27 AM »

Haydo & Taz2.. Thankyou 😊

I am keeping my ovaries and having a vaginal hysterectomy, so hoping the recovery won’t be as long as abdominal.  Do you think 4 weeks off work will be sufficient?  I can work from home thankfully.  I need to get lots of Boxsets lined up!! x

Haydo

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2022, 07:49:00 AM »

Taz is the one to answer that, or anyone else who has had similar surgery.   I do have a friend who booked 4 weeks off after having a hysterectomy and ended up taking 8 weeks off.  I suppose it is all very individual, and also depends on the work you do too, though I’ve just realised you can work from home which will obviously help.     Yes, line up the box sets and books! 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 07:51:11 AM by Haydo »

Lyncola

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2022, 08:27:46 AM »

Hi Sarah48,
I had a keyhole hysterectomy, I was told to take 6 weeks off, but then again I’m a cleaner.
I would say 4 weeks off and work at home for two would be more than fine.
With my keyhole hysterectomy I was up and going to the toilet myself under 12 hours, I was was walking out of hospital 20 hours after surgery. The most painful thing about my hysterectomy was the gas leaving my body, can be painful as it moves up and out the shoulders. Peppermint tea is really helpful for that pain? No idea why, but I was always in less pain after peppermint tea. The other little pain comes from the organs moving and setting in their new positions.
I’m sorry but I can’t help with how you might feel with the prolapse part. Wishing you luck with your operation  ::)

Emm225

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2022, 09:37:19 AM »

I have, not too bad, meno and constipation bought mine on as  I have a slow bowel.  (!)  I was told to not get constipated, I do try...errrr...I do try as it's not nice...and to do exercises...pelvic floor.  Recommended a very good app called Squeezy...not free a couple of s and well worth it...I'd really recommend it

Taz2

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2022, 09:14:51 PM »

Haydo & Taz2.. Thankyou 😊

I am keeping my ovaries and having a vaginal hysterectomy, so hoping the recovery won’t be as long as abdominal.  Do you think 4 weeks off work will be sufficient?  I can work from home thankfully.  I need to get lots of Boxsets lined up!! x

I had a vaginal one as well plus an anterior repair. The advice from my consultant was that although a vaginal one would seem to be quicker to heal this is not true. A lot of healing has to go on inside the body with the various muscles etc having been cut and re-attached. I was advised 8 weeks off but it took 12 before I was fully able to go back to my job (primary school). I did have a week by week recovery sheet but not sure if I've still got it. You only have one chance to heal so dont be in a rush. I was in hospital for two nights but that was due to having hysterectomy and repair.  I didn't have much pain at all but did cause a bit of a fuss by suddenly bleeding a lot but this was soon remedied by being put on a drip for a few hours.

I think that hysterectomy due to prolapse is slightly different on the recovery front as it is so important not to put any strain on the repairs. It's great not to have those awful feelings like you have a ping pong ball almost sitting in your knickers when you stand up! I was so pleased that it worked! It was 10 years from diagnosis for me when it was a stage 2. I'd kept it at bay really well with the pelvic floor exercises trying to avoid surgery but in the end it was getting too uncomfy.

Taz x

Sarah48

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2022, 02:57:23 PM »

Thankyou ladies 🥰🥰..

My anxiety is really high at the moment! Not sure if it’s apprehension about the op or hormone related 😵‍💫. 
Xx
Pages: 1 2 [3]