Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT... what percentage of ladies does it help? 🥰  (Read 1020 times)

Unicorn

HRT... what percentage of ladies does it help? 🥰
« on: March 26, 2022, 10:41:23 AM »

Hi there lovely ladies!

I was just having a ponder and was wondering, what percentage of ladies does HRT help their symptoms? I was just wondering, does anyone know? Xx❤❤

Amazing grace

Re: HRT... what percentage of ladies does it help? 🥰
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2022, 07:44:09 PM »

Hi, I think that's a really difficult question for anyone to answer, I'm not sure if there's any information out there with percentages I've not seen one but someone else may off, I wondered the same thing when I first started hrt, as we are all very different in our response to hrt, and everyone has a different expectation of how much hrt can relieve symptoms, from my own personal experience I don't believe hrt can be expected to relieve every symptom we have, I've been on hrt for 4 years and there's a lot that it's not done anything to relieve, it has however completely controlled hot sweaty flushes for me, some get on great with it, some struggle to ever feel good, and the really lucky ones never need it, I think it's very individual, personally I've given up seeking perfection I accept I will never feel like I used to and have come to accept the new me I don't much like it but I no longer obsess with it like I used to, I have had to manage the other stuff in other ways anxiety and insomnia being the worst, I so wish I was one of those women who used hrt and felt great, sadly I'm not.

Unicorn

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2022, 08:57:27 PM »

Hi Amazing Grace! Lovely name x

t's a minefield, isn't it? I just want my pounding heart to go..... xxx

Amazing grace

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2022, 09:16:22 PM »

Hi thankyou, your name is very nice too,
I know it's an ongoing battle to find that sweet spot, is your pounding heart a side effect of hrt or menopause symptom, I don't get pounding heart but I did get heart palpitations sometimes they were quite strong and scary, they mostly went get them now and again, oddly for me they started with anxiety, but I found when I was on high doses of estrogen they got bad, I hope it settles for you, its horrible when your heart is pounding scary and impossible to relax, hoping you get relief soon x

Unicorn

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2022, 04:00:47 AM »

Hi Amazing Grace!

The heart stuff came on before I started the hrt.... I have also had the heart palpitations... that was one of my first symptoms... I thought it was anxiety, but it seemed 'different.... I'm hoping hrt will just improve it at least xxxx

Nas

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2022, 08:42:27 AM »

Tricky question really, as it’s so subjective.

My mum has taken half a mg of Premarin for years, no issues. It takes away flushes, anxiety and bladder issues. Without it, she cannot function. She has had a total hysterectomy. Given this, you wonder how and why some women need all these pumps of gel or industrial strength patches to cope? I wonder if they are seeking perfection?

I am on 1mg femeston and it’s okay. I bled on patches and utrogestan, hence the switch. Gel did zero for me.

Like Amazing Grace, I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never feel like I did pre menopause. However, I do think I could feel a bit better IF I could find the right balance which I can’t.

Have you had all the necessary tests on your heart?
Is it definitely hormonal?
I’ve had this and I feel your pain. It’s mainly early mornings I get it.

What HRT regime are you on?

Unicorn

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2022, 09:10:33 AM »

Hi Nas! 🥰

I've had all the heart tests.... 3 ECG's and a 48 Holter monitor attached, but all is well.  It did pick up the odd palpitation, but the Cardiologist said everything was normal and sounded like hormones.

I'm on Sandrena gel, 1 sachet everyday plus Utrogestan days 15 to 26... I'm just over two weeks into it.  If the racing heart could dampen down a bit and the anxiety and feeling ill that comes with it, that would do for me 😁 ive tried the usual stuff, magnesium etc. But doesn't seem to work.  I must admit, I do feel brighter though xxx

Amazing grace

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2022, 05:55:52 PM »

Hi unicorn, it's reassuring that you have all the tests on your heart to rule anything nasty out, I would think your heart pounding is related to hormones given it started before you started hrt, you are really early into starting hrt, so I reckon with more time hopefully it will settle, I'm sure you will see a bigger improvement in a few more weeks, just be careful with the temptation to keep increasing doses with every symptom you may get, I totally agree with what nas wrote about why some women use huge amounts of estrogen and maybe seeking perfection, I've read many posts with big doses and they rarely feel better, I've learnt that more is not always good, stick with what your on, it's hard but be patient, I'm 48 and doctors always say I need more, but the higher I went the worse I got, good luck I really hope it solves the pounding heart, x

Nas

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2022, 08:00:07 PM »

Hi unicorn
The fact that you feel brighter is a positive. Sandrena is a good quality gel which absorbs well, so you should reap the benefits soon enough.

As Amazing said, more isn’t always best. That isn’t to say that you may not need more in the future, but definitely stick with your current dose for now I would. Otherwise you could potentially end up on a really high dose and still be symptomatic.

😊
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 08:02:55 PM by Nas »