Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Change to HRT and bleeding  (Read 1212 times)

Springbo

• First Flush
Change to HRT and bleeding
« on: March 24, 2022, 02:44:26 PM »

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. I’m new to joining but I have read some  posts which are v helpful

I’ve recently had my HRT changed. I was on evorel conti for just over 6 months with no problems then bleeding started and extremely sore boobs, along with some of my previous symptoms  :'(  GP changed me to oestrogel (when there was none available). After a week with no HRT I started sandrena 0.5 and utrogestan. I have been bleeding pretty much since I started the new regime, is this normal? Has anyone had a similar experience? I know it can take time to settle but how long do I wait? 

Also I fall asleep about 9.30 now which I never did before, and that’s before I  take  the utrogestan (orally). I’ve only been on the new regime a week.

As background I am meno, had all my gynae checks, hyteroscopy and biopsy 7 months ago so all clear on that front.  Haven’t had a period since March 2020 so don’t really want to be back bleeding.

Thanks in advance  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Change to HRT and bleeding
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 04:42:13 PM »

:welcomemm:

MayB put the product name into the search box to see if threads pop up?  Make notes ;)

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 08:23:41 PM »

Hi Springbo. Sorry you are having to deal with this. As you probably know conti HRT can give unpredictable bleeding during the first six months and I think that any change of HRT means that the six months begins again. It's good that you have had all the gynae checks. Hopefully someone else will be along soon who knows more about your regime. I'm not sure whether the Sandrena is the same strength as the Evorel.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Springbo

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 03:14:14 PM »

:)Thanks for the replies

Re the dose, I can’t quite get my head around the comparison it seems different it different places, I think I am now on less oestrogen and similar prog 🤷‍♀️

@Taz2 I think you confirmed what I was not wanting to hear but really kind of knew 🙃 I thought I might be back to square one but I was hoping to hear that because I had already been on some hrt it would be different and not take as long to kick in. It’s so frustrating

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2022, 04:35:36 PM »

Hi you are right that you have lowered the dose of oestrogen. The rough equivalent of Evorel Conti would be 1mg of Sandrena. x

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2022, 09:45:46 PM »

Thank you Dotty.  :)

Springbo

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2022, 01:03:33 PM »

Thanks Dotty.

I had no instructions from the doc on how much to take as she initially prescribed oestrogel (no instructions there either 🤦‍♀️)  but no oestrogel to be found anywhere hence the Sandrena. I will see how it goes with the bleeding etc and then maybe follow up with the doc. Fingers crossed it starts to sort itself out 😊