Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: No pleasure....  (Read 2351 times)

Postmeno3

Re: No pleasure....
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2022, 11:51:52 AM »

Yeah, that whole compulsive "researching" then ruminating cycle is so destructive, "energetically" and can affect sleep. Great tip! Take time if you seek out CBT, taking special care with the online options. Maybe seek out recommendations through your work. They should know reputable folk. Have you an HR department to approach for recommendations? It should be seen as a positive, self-care step in any workplace worth its salt. I'm aware we're all bombarding you with suggestions. They are just that, suggestions! Try not to be overwhelmed by or clutching at whatever seems like an instant solution. Take your time. Choose the tiny, manageable tips first!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 12:10:22 PM by Postmeno3 »

Unicorn

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2022, 12:00:27 PM »

I reckon you are right Postmeno and Vanillalover, in my case, googling doesn't help sometimes, as I ended up reading stuff about worse case scenarios, such as treatment resistant depression etc..... not good! And you have to remind yourself that some Google sites write about the very worse cases, which are rare.  Sometimes knowledge is power, but not when you're adding more and more info to your already anxious mind xxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2022, 12:19:13 PM »

If you GOOGLE then read NHS websites! Check who is sponsoring the 'advice'.  Or look at UK support groups.  These can be accessed to ask questions.

When I had PMT in the 1990s NAPS really helped with phone advice. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 02:19:32 PM by CLKD »

Postmeno3

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2022, 12:27:44 PM »

Hmmmmmm.....not sure support groups might be too appropriate right now, CLKD. They can demand a lot of an individual and a lot depends on that person's capacity for other people's "stuff". Well "held" and managed, they can be useful, but, if they are not, can turn into "greetin' meetins' " (Scottish-ism) and folk absorb and start processing extra stuff they really don't need!
Glad you got the supportive help you needed back then over the phone.

Vicky81

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2022, 12:29:50 PM »

Thank you all again so very much.

Yes you are right the googling i guess is too much ...I do it alot at the mo.

Just got back from town. I made myself go to a wine bar place I always loved...Sat outside with a juice.

Thank you again. Anxiety is just the worst feeling ever..  like unicorn said it must be peri as it came from nowhere xxx

Vicky81

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2022, 12:34:24 PM »

Unicorn- I've sent you a private message xx

Louise2010

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2022, 12:59:23 PM »

Sorry you’re having such an awful time Vicky. I get it - it’s really hard when you can’t find the solution to how you feel- it’s scary & frustrating. I think we all would love to instantly feel better when we are unwell or feeling low and sometimes like the other ladies have said the solution is found in a combination of things- acceptance of what is happening & not fighting it, the right meds dose,  a good exercise regime, cutting out some things and upping the good stuff in your diet, listening and reading stuff that makes you laugh or empowers you, chatting on here, and being kind to yourself because you’re doing the best you can with what you’ve got right now. It is a really *%€¥%*< horrible feeling that dread as soon as you wake up but it WILL get better slowly but surely you’ve got to give it a bit of time. Big hugs 🤗💜

Vicky81

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2022, 01:19:56 PM »

Hugs to you Louise! Thank you for replying to me hun.
Yes that feeling when you open your eyes ... same thing everyday! Xxx

Postmeno3

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2022, 01:21:56 PM »

How might you try starting to take control to change that, Vicky?

Vicky81

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2022, 02:05:23 PM »

I seem to get up pretty quickly....get me clothes on ....and not sit there too long

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2022, 02:20:54 PM »

Criky that's dismissive ..........  :'(

What's the difference to being on MM and looking at other groups tell me ?

I'm not suggesting those with Forums but those directly linked to Research and Information. 

Postmeno3

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2022, 02:37:26 PM »

I don't want to de-rail Vicky's thread, CLKD! What I meant was in-person support groups where everyone is sharing difficult emotional/psychological material together. I think I said that if these are held, within "contracts", and managed well by the facilitator they can be very useful. However, one can never be sure of one's own or others' capacity for such exposure and if not "held", can prove quite damaging. There is no comparison with an anonymous online forum or research group. I was not being remotely dismissive, quite the opposite. Please do not throw challenging judgements at me on a thread like this where extremely sensitive material is being explored and some "sense" of what might be helpful and what might not at this particular stage for an individual being explored as far as possible. I was speaking from personal experience from both chairs/sides in such matters.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 02:55:36 PM by Postmeno3 »

Uptick

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2022, 03:02:47 PM »

Hi Vicky81, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling this way. There is a scientific name for what you are experiencing, it is called ANHEDONIA. Even if you feel more anxious when reading things on the internet, I suggest you look up that term and read up on it, because it's actually more linked to depression than anxiety. There are zillions of reasons why we might be depressed, including hormonal imbalance. The first thing is to understand what is behind that feeling and then try to address it, whether through chemical, psychological or behavioural avenues.

Vicky81

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2022, 03:18:22 PM »

Thank you uptick....yes I've read about that before....hmmm I shall see how I go.

Postmeno3 I have to say I agree with you about the group work thing....I just wouldn't be ready 4 that ...but thank you CLKD for your post to me and suggestions....

Nas

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2022, 04:17:47 PM »

You will get there. M
It’s takes time and patience I’ve found. I was exactly the same with driving ( I mentioned) and could have stopped driving in January 2019.

Hopefully the Hrt will calm the anxiety but it’s a case of baby steps each day o think. Each time to leave the house and go out, it’s a step in the right direction 😊
Pages: 1 [2] 3