Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Going mad on HRT  (Read 2690 times)

sheila99

Re: Going mad on HRT
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2022, 08:55:52 PM »

This isn't about symptoms. It's because the amount of prog in a conti patch is for 50 mg ostrogen, if you increase oestrogen you're supposed to increase prog too (unlike utro which is the same dose regardless of oestrogen dose)  ???.

Sammas

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2022, 08:59:47 PM »

Oh ok.  The doc subscribed the extra estrogen patch for 3 months in the first instance.  Still feel a bit nauseous on and off, tired, tense shoulders and mild headache on and off x

Mogster71

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2022, 11:08:24 AM »

Hi Sammas
(and Sheila who has been so helpful)

I promised I would update you when I spoke to my doctor today and between us we have decided that I'm going to come off HRT until they can fit me with a Mirena. She seems to think that most of my issues are coming from the hormonal fluctuations but because neither of us know what my body is up to of its own accord, she wants me to see where I am without it, in case we are adding in more problems by adding in more hormones than we need. My only other option was Oestrogen/gel/utrogestan, which I didn't massively get on with before.

I'm both scared and excited at the same time; frightened that I will go back to daily headaches that were beyond miserable, and a bit curious as to what will happen... I wasn't at the hot flush stage when I started HRT, maybe I will be now :o. I am also scared of not having it as a crutch/catch all, to be honest; protection of bones/heart, everything else.

There's about a 1-2 month waiting list for an appointment at the clinic to have it fitted, and that's just for the consultation. Thinking positively, I may even get along without, who knows?

Mog xx

sheila99

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2022, 11:15:32 AM »

Let us know how you get on with the mirena? I may be heading that way myself as sequi utro rarely triggers a bleed for me now I'm very late peri. There seem to be mixed responses to it.

Mogster71

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2022, 11:50:57 AM »

Hi Sheila

Of course I will...if it's ok with Sammas I will keep the thread updated :) xx

Sammas

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2022, 09:09:39 PM »

That’s great! Hope it works for you x

Mogster71

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2022, 07:28:45 AM »

I'm 2 weeks patch free - first week I had a bleed almost straightaway but now I am back to daily and debilitating headaches. I feel so deflated, grumpy, sore, tearful and tired, also like I'm about to have yet another bleed (dreadful period pains). Goodness knows what's happening to me!

No news from the clinic yet about the Mirena, although I was told it could be 1-2 months. I saw a homeopath last week as an alternative option, which I will start to take as soon as I get my remedy. At least I might feel a bit better headache wise..

Hope you are doing ok Sammas? x

Sammas

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2022, 06:07:43 AM »

So sorry to hear this Mogster71.  I have now been back on Everol Sequi 50 + Everol 25 for just over 2 weeks.  Been bleeding throughout to varying degrees.  Some days are better than others.  Today woke up with severe anxiety, very heavy bleed and stomach ache.  Stupid hormones! X

Mogster71

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2022, 02:26:24 PM »

Oh no, poor you :( it is a bit of a shower, isn't it? Hopefully the anxiety has eased a bit with the bleed starting.

Well I had a call today from the clinic, and I have a triage appointment to discuss the Mirena next week. After feeling rubbish for a couple of weeks (and still nothing from the homeopath), I was ready to bite her hand off for it, but now I'm having second thoughts  :-\  I'll keep updating the thread alongside you as planned, but I'm going to start a new thread rather than derail yours entirely on one thing!

Feel well, Sammas x
Pages: 1 [2]