Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Emotionally Unstable  (Read 1198 times)

Keeleyruth

Emotionally Unstable
« on: March 25, 2022, 04:34:15 PM »

Is anyone else really emotionally unstable??

I feel as though I have no control over my emotions and the littlest thing triggers them! It's a living nightmare.

It's every single day.

I could either cry, scream or punch someone. I cry alllllllllllllllllllll the time. It's so annoying and embarrassing. Nothing helps!

I'm on HRT but it hasn't helped with the emotional side of peri.

I've also tried AD on different dosages but that didn't help either.

Don't know where to go next..............

Vicky81

Re: Emotionally Unstable
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 05:02:40 PM »

I feel like this too. Anxiety ridden,, no passion, irritable......

How far into HRT are you?, and what type?

Which AD you on? I'm on sertraline 100mg just upped 7 days ago x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 05:27:30 PM »

If you have anxiety mayB a dedicated anti-anxiety medication?  Many have good results with Sertraline which may take a few weeks to feel the benefit from.
Get a pillow and punch it.  Hard.  I used to throw things though nothing of value  :-\

Keeleyruth

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2022, 08:32:33 AM »

I'm 5 years into HRT.

I've just paid to go Private and have had my HRT regime changed substantially by my consultant, mid February.
She said I was oestrogen deficient so now I take 4 pumps of oestrogel daily. An oestrogen tablet vaginally 3 days a week. Testosterone daily and progesterone 14 days out of the month (vaginally).

I initially felt AMAZING on this new dosage for around 3 weeks. My symptoms all but faded and my energy levels went through the roof but then my period came and I'm back to square one.

I take 50mg of Sertraline daily too and have done for 6 months. It does help with my anxiety but not my emotions. They are still out of control and I do not know how to manage this instability. It is now having a huge impact upon my personal and professional life!!!!!

Vicky81

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2022, 09:12:52 AM »

Hi keeley

Would you not consider upping your sertraline to 100mg?

Xx

Vicky81

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2022, 09:16:17 AM »

Keeley I have sent you a private message xx

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2022, 09:21:35 AM »

R the mood swings cyclical or random?

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2022, 09:33:15 AM »

As the new regime worked initially I think they were on the right track. You've only been on it for a month and you really need to give it 3 months to get the full effect. I would give it the 3 months then go back, it may be that you will need to increase again.

Kathleen

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2022, 02:18:12 PM »

Hello Keeleyruth.

I regularly bore the ladies on this site with tales of my troublesome mood swings! I am very post meno and on HRT and an AD  but still experiencing daily mood swings.

You say that you have been on HRT for five years, were your emotional symptoms evident then or have they intensified and that is why you have sought help from another doctor? I realise that you are still peri so your own hormones will  also be fluctuating and I wonder if your time of feeling good coincided with your own hormone production?

I am post meno and currently on two and a half sachets of Sandrena  gel, a 100mg pessary of Cyclogest (progesterone) every other night and 60mg of Androfeme ( testosterone) every day. Like you, my physical symptoms are being controlled but not my emotional ones.

After a less than satisfactory appointment with my meno clinic I am trying to decide what to do for the future. Previously my meno doctor said that I should increase my Oestrogen but then identified that my blood levels were good. An NHS consultant told me that sometimes, less is more and that I should reduce my dose.

I apologise for not being much help but I completely understand how distressing and frustrating these mood changes can be. It seems that some medics feel that too much Oestrogen is as bad as too little and this may be worth considering when you next see your doctor. If I do lower my dose I will keep the forum updated.

Sorry for this rambling post, I am using my phone  which I find more tricky to use.

Take care.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2022, 02:35:39 PM »

Never boring Kathleen!  it's about sharing experiences from which others may gain help.

Gnatty

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2022, 02:56:25 PM »

I understand less is more sometimes, but sometimes too we just do need more. I think Sheila is onto something when she picked up on the fact that initially you felt great on the increased dose. Then your period came..... Isn't that the crucial point do you think? That after your period your background oestrogen levels dropped so you then didn't feel so well? I should keep a record to see if how you feel is cyclical. That should help see the wood for the trees.

sheila99

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2022, 08:58:57 PM »

One other thought - any possibility you've had covid as that can affect it?

Keeleyruth

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2022, 05:56:44 AM »

Hey Gnatty............. I was amazed at how quickly I felt better following my HRT review at Newson. I was initially told it could take months to feel the benefit!!

The new regime worked great, then as my estimated period date was drawing closer my emotional/psychological symptoms started to return, tears and then my fatigue, anxiety, aches, brain fog. I hoped this was just a build up to the period coming and that it would pass once I bled but the period was short and my symptoms remain  :'(

I don't like progesterone anyway, which is why I take Ultrogestan vaginally. I have always experienced low mood from it and was thinking about speaking to my GP/consultant about not taking it anymore.

sheila99

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2022, 09:20:44 AM »

If you still have your womb you need progesterone to keep the lining thing. I'd love to be able to ditch it too but it would mean stopping oestrogen.