Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Is recovery up and down on hrt, or do you gradually feel better?  (Read 682 times)

Unicorn

Hi lovelies, im sorry, it's me again and I'm sorry to witter on  :o. The thing is, you ladies are like a massive comfort blanket ❤

Im just wondering, I've been on sandrena gel, 1 sachet for 2 weeks and I have started the utrogestan, 200 today.

Two days ago, I was a mess with low mood and anxiety, which was horrid, but felt better when I had a sleep (I work nights)

I'm not sure if it's my imagination, but I feel slightly better yesterday and today... less anxious and I feel more 'human'.  I actually braved the outside world yesterday and went shopping locally, and pottered about, took my dogs for a short walk etc.

This is a huge achievement for me 😄 and that, I am grateful.

What I'm asking is are you up and down for a few weeks until you settle or do you get gradually better? It's like I'm going in blind, and I know it's stupid, but I don't want my hopes dashed.

Im sorry, I'm just wittering on but I'm scared of the unknown xxxx

ATB

Re: Is recovery up and down on hrt, or do you gradually feel better?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 12:32:54 PM »

For me when it started getting better it just kept going up, then I had a period where it was obvious I had too much estrogen, tested it and reduced it and within days it was back to being better and I feel like a person again! But some do find it goes up and down a little.

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 12:38:57 PM »

For me it was a gradual increase in a feeling of getting back to normal. I kept a diary of symptoms and began to see that symptoms were slowly decreasing. x

Vicky81

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2022, 12:49:22 PM »

ATB - How did you test your Oestrogen to see if high? xx

Unicorn

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2022, 12:49:49 PM »

Thank you ladies ❤ my symptoms have been up/down/changing, for about 4 years now, and got to the point where I didn't have 'well periods.  I didn't know what was 'normal' anymore 😆.  And just as I thought I was better and gone through the worst, up they would pop again.

My periods are still pretty regular, but a bit more wonky and lighter.... but I wish they would finish so I knew where I was on this journey more.  I think it's the unknown that frightens me xxx

ATB

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2022, 01:35:22 PM »

Understandable. Peri menopause can last 7 years on average and you can be menstruating still while that is going on. Periods will change a fair bit during this too.

Unicorn

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2022, 01:44:18 PM »

Thanks ATB 🥰 maybe another 3 years to go at least 😆.... I wish I had a crystal ball.... xxx