Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Changing from Evorel conti to Femseven conti  (Read 1523 times)

Mintea

Changing from Evorel conti to Femseven conti
« on: February 14, 2022, 01:05:44 PM »

Does anyone have any experience of changing from Evorel Conti to Femseven Conti?
I'm just trying to decide whether to do this but unsure what to expect. Am I likely to get more side effects if starting a new conti patch or is it likely to be a smooth transition as I'm used to Evorel Conti?
The only reason I'm thinking of changing is due to ongoing tiredness which may be due to the progestin in EC and hoping that a change might be better but I'm also a bit wary of 'rocking the boat'. Any help, advice or opinions about this appreciated.

Hurdity

Re: Changing from Evorel conti to Femseven conti
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 09:05:44 AM »

Hi Mintea - your post got missed....

Did you decide to change in the end? I understand what you're saying re rocking the boat but if you are experiencing ongoing tiredness it might be good to try a different progestogen? However this could aslo be due to generalised progestogenic side effects ie progestogens are known to cause fatigue, so another solution would be to change to a cyclical HRT with the same progestogen and see if you feel the same. The downside of that is having a bleed and then having to cope with both the rise in progestogen and then the withdrawal which gives pms-like symptoms.

You may feel that to avoid that, better to try a different progestogen on a conti basis first. Do let us know what you decide and also the outcome as your experience will help others in the same situation.

Hurdity x

Mintea

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 12:47:11 PM »

Hi Hurdity

Thankyou for your reply. I decided to stay with the Evorel Conti for the time being although it meant a few stressful hours ringing round local chemists to see if anyone could get any (as there was a shortage around here) and then trying to get through to my GP to send the prescription electronically to the new chemist!

I agree with what you are saying about the progesterone and would like to try a different one but at the moment due to lots of other things that are happening in my life it doesn't seem like a good time to experiment. I suppose I felt it was better to stay with what I know for the time being even though its not ideal.

Hope you're OK

Love Mintea xx

Jancis65

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 09:58:25 AM »

Hi Mintea

I have just changed from Oestrogel due to no stock supply. I tried Evorel/Estraderm/Estradot but did not work for me. I am 3rd week into Femseven Conti and feel I can tolerate this, although extremely tired, I'm hoping it is just side effects as the progesterone, however it does leave a red mark on your skin, but I don't have any itching or irritation with it which is bizarre. I am having the same problem with the patch only stays on for a couple of days, so I end up changing the patch earlier than 7 days due to the symptoms returning, not sure if I am supposed to do this. I was thinking of buying some surgical tape to keep the patch in place. If you are experiencing itching then I would speak to your GP about another patch. I hope you manage to find one that is suitable. Let us know how you get on. ::)