Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Low oestrogen levels?  (Read 574 times)

Sophie79

Low oestrogen levels?
« on: March 23, 2022, 11:24:02 AM »

Hi,

I wondered if you ladies might be able to help me.  I have been on progesterone for over 6 month's which has really helped, my symptom's used to be worse around ovulation and pre period. The progesterone really helped for a while. My symptom's then came back so I was put on 200mg of progesterone which helped again. For the last few month's my energy levels haver really dropped where I feel I am ready for bed at 7/8pm in the evening and I still feel tired in the day. I have aching joints and hurting feet, some night sweats and hot flushes, brain fog and low mood.

I have now been put on 1 mg of oestrogen and started this on saturday, since then I have noticed brain fog has eased slightly but everything else is the same if not slightly worse.  My mood has really hit rock bottom where i wake up in the morning and feel very overwhelmed with how i will get through the day.

I don't think this is because of the oestrogen but wonder if i need a higher dose, the doctor said to update her in a month but I already feel like i don't know how i can keep going like this.

Anyway, I would be most grateful of your thoughts.

Thank you,

Sophie x

Louise2010

Re: Low oestrogen levels?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 05:10:08 PM »

Hi Sophie79
Really sorry you are feeling like this.
I’m not an expert but going by my own experience since 2017, I’d say your oestrogen is a bit low and maybe do with upping?
Also you may be low on testosterone which can help with brain fog and fatigue which helped me a lot after I’d been on a regime with O & P for a good while.
This is a great podcast which talks about the benefits of testosterone.

https://www.balance-menopause.com/menopause-library/testosterone-why-cant-we-have-our-own-hormone-back-with-dr-zoe-hodson/

If the link doesn’t work it’s on the Louise Newson Balance website.

Others with more advice should be along later hopefully.