Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Is it true anxiety is the last symptom to go on HRT?  (Read 1119 times)

Vicky81

Is it true anxiety is the last symptom to go on HRT?
« on: March 22, 2022, 11:50:20 AM »

Hi everyone,

Could i ask ...has anyone found that their anxiety (particularly if anyone has or has had BAD anxiety through Peri) was the last symptom to leave them?

If so, what HRT did the job for you? As i am on 4 pumps Oestrogel at present ( 4 weeks today) plus -  (new to all this as per my other posts) and with Dr Studd's clinic. 

Sorry, just sat at work nearly in tears again as i hate this anxiety/nothing to plan or look forward to feeling that i have every single day...i dont go out anywhere apart from work....such a life changer to the way i was....i was always out ...quite young in my ways (for 41) ....loved a good joke/prank...always ready for the pub....not now....i am a shell.

laszla

Re: Is it true anxiety is the last symptom to go on HRT?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2022, 02:30:56 PM »

Sorry to hear you are feeling that way Vicky, I too am struggling with anxiety.
Since you in the care of the Studd clinic, bear in mind that Studd himself (who is no longer with us) said there was evidence that for menopausal depression blood levels of 800 pmol of estradiol are necessary for improvement https://www.studd.co.uk/implants.php.
Have they measured your serum estradiol? Personally I am choosing to monitor my bloods quite regularly as I struggling to raise my levels for the purposes of improving anxiety among other things.

Vicky81

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2022, 02:51:43 PM »

Hi Laszla -

Yes i went two weeks ago, and my Estrodiol level was 1615. I have only been on it 3 weeks ...i said 2oh isnt that high?" the team there said cos i am Peri (only just turned 41) that its going up and down and not to worry....as its symptoms based.

How are monitoring your oestrogen regular? as i would like to do this also xx

laszla

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2022, 02:59:09 PM »

Vicky that still seems high even if you're still making your own hormones - the reference range for pre-menopausal is:

Ref Range:( Follicular      98  -  571 )
Ref Range:( Mid-cycle      177  -  1153)
Ref Range:( Luteal         122  -  1094)
Ref Range:( Post-meno      < 183 )

So even allowing for the fluctuations across the month it still seems high and perhaps an excess could also be problematic?

I alternate tests at the Chelsea hostpital Clinic with tests I organize myself (at Medichecks) so that I have some results every 2-3 months, at least until I get my estradiol well up - I have difficulty absorbing and it's very low.

Vicky81

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2022, 03:04:44 PM »

Yes i thought that....if anyone else here could add their advice to this?

The clinic also said that its also high because the arm they took the blood from ...is the arm i had put the Testosterone on that A.M, plus the Oestrogel the eve before.

So im not sure now?? What to make of it.

x

Vicky81

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2022, 03:05:48 PM »

Plus - remembering on...i had naughtily put the testosterone gel on the night before and the morning of blood test too....

Shannonplussed

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2022, 12:22:09 AM »

Take a look at this site. It speaks to my experience. In retrospect, I wish I’d have tried just progesterone before adding estrogen when I was diagnosed with early menopause. I think that too much estrogen added fuel to the fire. I’ll never know for sure.

https://www.cemcor.ubc.ca/resources/perimenopause-time-“endogenous-ovarian-hyperstimulation”

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2022, 12:44:44 AM »

I also think your levels are too high. Anxiety can be a symptom of too much oestrogen as well as too little.  Did you take T the night before and the morning of the test? Depending on which sort and the dose perhaps this is too much too? My insomnia and anxiety took 3 months to go, no improvement in the first month then very much up and down for the next 2. I was on a 50mcg patch, equivalent to 2 pumps gel. If I was in your shoes I would stop T and use 2 pumps for 3 months, you have to give it a chance to work. This is how most people would be prescribed on the nhs. For most people at your stage of peri 4 pumps would be too much.

Vicky81

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2022, 07:53:53 AM »

Sheila - i have private messaged you x

VictoryV

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2022, 05:16:04 PM »

Don’t worry about the high reading as:
A) it’s contaminated from two HRT gels.
B) it’s onetest taken during perimenopause so hormones are naturally fluctuating.

Hope things improve soon.  :)

Vicky81

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2022, 05:26:58 PM »

Thanks v.....the consultant did actually say he wasn't worried at all as I'm fluctuating plus its the added testim gel that I applied the night before and morning of the test x

VictoryV

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2022, 05:37:50 PM »

Go easy on that T Gel !

Vicky81

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2022, 05:38:32 PM »

I've stayed off it a few days lol