Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Changing from gel to patches told to stop for 7 days  (Read 702 times)

mchaplin

Changing from gel to patches told to stop for 7 days
« on: March 21, 2022, 09:05:52 PM »

Hi I am currently in gel sachets daily with the tablets for 2 weeks as well as I still have my time of the month. I have been feeling sick and dizzy when I’ve taken the tablet. I take it just as I’m going to bed but it makes me feel so dizzy it’s horrible. I am going back in patches but I’m not sure how to change over as I’m 4 days into the 2 weeks of taking the tablet as well. The pharmacy has said to stop for 7 days and then start the new regime.

What would overs do?

Thank you

Hurdity

Re: Changing from gel to patches told to stop for 7 days
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2022, 09:00:35 AM »

Hi there mchaplin - what tablets have you been taking and what patches are you going back to? If they are combi patches eg Evorel sequi I would just change over and complete the course though this means starting in the middle of the cycle and packet ie the Evorel conti patches. Alternatively as you're only 4 days into the progesterone tablets just take the whole course of the Evorel conti (or Femseven conti) part of the pack. It won't do any harm either to do as the pharmacist says - whatever you do you may get bleeding at the "wrong" time as you change from one regime to the other and disrupt your cycle a bit.

Hurdity x

mchaplin

Re: Changing from gel to patches told to stop for 7 days
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2022, 12:30:19 PM »

It’s utrogestan tablets. I am changing to evorel sequi.
I changed to the gel sachets as the patches don’t stick for long but I just can’t take the dizzy/sick feeling when taking the utrogestan tablets so need to find away to get them to stick for longer.

It’s all so confusing.