Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan guidance needed  (Read 664 times)

Sunnydays

Utrogestan guidance needed
« on: March 21, 2022, 06:20:23 PM »

Hi, I haven't been on the site for quite a long time now, which usually means the hrt has been ticking along nicely, however a blip has happened.

I'm 59, and take estradot 37.5 patch and then take Provera for 10 days per month and get a bleed. I have the womb lining checked annually etc and find this regime works ok. i have had hrt for about 7/8 years. I don't do continuous as progestrons don't usually make me feel that great.
Last October I got a recall to breast screening and fortunately there was nothing of a cancerous concern to them; the hrt has caused increased breast tissue and vulnerability to cysts, which isn't ideal. it seems provera is the culprit.

I cut my patch down a bit but find I started night sweats etc. I saw GP today for review and she was very good, prescribing me Utrogestan instead of provera. I asked for the minimum dose and she said its standard 100mg (or mcg!) taken nightly as it can make you sleepy.

It would be nice to not have bleeds, I'm fed up with them! Any feedback anyone can give me re Utro would be greatly appreciated. I'm always happy to break the mould and (safely) tweak the hrt  to make it work best for me.
Thanks everyone

Dotty

Re: Utrogestan guidance needed
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 06:35:47 PM »

Hi the continuous dosage of Utrogestan is 100mg taken every night on an empty stomach. It can be taken vaginally off licence x