Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan and dull ache in tummy  (Read 739 times)

Stockport1965

Utrogestan and dull ache in tummy
« on: March 25, 2022, 06:12:40 PM »

I started Evorel Conti in Feb 2021. I was on it for 6 months and bled for pretty much the whole time. I was then put on Evorel 75 and Utrogestan daily.
I cannot be sure but I "think" that's when my problems started. I get a swollen feeling with a dull ache in my abdomen to my right side and occasionally along the bikini line area. It's intermittent but over the last 2 days seems worse. I almost feel as though I wish I would bleed. I suffered with dermoid ovarian cysts and had 3 lots removed (the last being 15 years ago).
I liken it to that achy pain.

Does Utrogestan cause period like pains/bloating feeling 6months in?

I saw my GP 2 months ago and he sent me to have a groin ultrasound. He was concerned it was a hernia, although I did tell him my history of dermoid cysts.  All was clear, I asked the radiographer if he could see anything else and he said no, although it wasn't what he was experienced in.   I wondered if HRT could make them grow again?
I have another GP appointment on Tuesday and I'll ask for another ultrasound, but internal on my ovaries.

Basically, after all that waffle, I am asking if the period like pains are normal for progesterone

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Utrogestan and dull ache in tummy
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 06:40:19 PM »

Is there any info in the leaflet in the box?