Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Swapping from Evorel Conti to Estradot 50 and Utrogestan  (Read 1662 times)

SallyPickle

Swapping from Evorel Conti to Estradot 50 and Utrogestan
« on: April 01, 2022, 10:09:55 AM »

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of swapping from Evorel Conti to Estradot 50 and Utorgestan? 

I have been having bleeding problems on the Evorel and a change of regime has been recommended.  Hopefully this change will improve things.

Are the Estradot patches smaller?  If so that would be great.  Also, I think I can use the Utrogestan off licence vaginally instead of orally every other night? Tummy problems mean I take gaviscon at night I’m not sure how that would work if I had to take the utrogestan orally.

Would be really grateful for advice and anyone willing to share their experiences 😊

Sally x

LornaT

Re: Swapping from Evorel Conti to Estradot 50 and Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 10:25:46 AM »

Hi Sally, I take the utrogesten vaginally, I take 100 (one capsule) every night from day 15 to 26 of my cycle instead of 200 if taken orally. It is unlicensed to take it this way but lots of women take it that way. I’ve only been on hrt about 5 months so far, hope your doing ok? Sending hugs, Lorna x

mandss

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 11:53:18 AM »

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of swapping from Evorel Conti to Estradot 50 and Utorgestan? 

I have been having bleeding problems on the Evorel and a change of regime has been recommended.  Hopefully this change will improve things.

Are the Estradot patches smaller?  If so that would be great.  Also, I think I can use the Utrogestan off licence vaginally instead of orally every other night? Tummy problems mean I take gaviscon at night I’m not sure how that would work if I had to take the utrogestan orally.

Would be really grateful for advice and anyone willing to share their experiences 😊

Sally x

mandss

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2022, 11:55:29 AM »

Can I ask what problems you have had on conti?? As I myself am having bleeding problems, I am either spotting or bleeding nearly every day since starting 13 weeks ago. Some times the cramps are crippling. My GP said to carry on...not sure what to do next?

SallyPickle

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2022, 04:27:52 PM »

Thanks so much for the reply Lorna.  I will definitely try it vaginally.  I’m hoping to pick up the prescription on Monday. I’m doing ok just getting a bit down with the constant spotting/bleeding.  How are you getting on after 5 months?  Thanks for the hug, sending one back 🤗xx

Thank you for your reply too Mandss, so sorry you are having problems.  I’ve been on Evorel Conti for over 6 years and had no problem for 4 years having swapped from Femoston.  Then 2 years ago started bleeding, had scan and womb lining very thin only 2mm and bleeding settled.  Then had the same problem last year and another scan, womb lining still only 2mm.  Now it’s happening again so that’s why I’m trying the Evorel 50 (not Estradot got that wrong) and the utrogestan.  Hopefully this will solve the problem 🤞🏼 😊 xx
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 04:30:36 PM by SallyPickle »