Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan 100mg  (Read 1062 times)

Catherine1969

• First Flush
Utrogestan 100mg
« on: March 20, 2022, 11:09:32 AM »

Hi i am new here, so sorry if not posted in the correct section, just trying to find my way around (only vision in one eye unfortunately). Does anyone have experience of taking Utrogestan? I am 52 and only just started HRT 3 weeks ago, after experiencing the worse depression and anxiety. GP automatically wanted to put me on antidepressants but i knew it was a lack of estrogen! So taking both Sandrena 1mg and utrogestan  I was fine just taking the sandrena for 2 weeks but now on the progesterone phase, and have the worse stomach pain and bloating, and also low mood. Does anyone else experience this, and does it get better over time? Thanks  :)

Flossieteacake

Re: Utrogestan 100mg
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 11:29:52 AM »

Hello Catherine and welcome to the forum. I too felt low on ultrogestan and could not cope with waiting to see if it would pass. I think it depends on if you feel able to carry on to see if the side effects stop.

Catherine1969

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2022, 11:51:34 AM »

Hi Flossie , do you mind me asking what type of estrogen you take? I am wondering if i increased the sandrena gel dose if the progesterone symptoms would ease a bit. I realise progesterone is involved in lining the uterus, there doesnt seem to be much choice in progesterones but a lot of choice with the estrogen! :)

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2022, 11:56:34 AM »

I am on evorel patches. You can put sandrena into the search bar and see if you can find more information about it. There are actually more progesterone choices available at a menopause clinic. I think GPs have a few they can use and if they are not suitable it is best to be ask to be seen at a menopause clinic. I have personally tried about 5 different ones and I am still looking for one that I can tolerate.