Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Please help me  (Read 844 times)

Gingercatmom

Please help me
« on: March 20, 2022, 10:40:51 AM »

Please. I'm just so sorry I can't stop crying. I don't want to go on like this anymore. All the things that are meant to help won't work for me. It's brutal and so so painful

Vicky81

Re: Please help me
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 10:43:56 AM »

Hun I've just posted something similar.

Read my pist and messages i received back...xxx

Vicky81

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2022, 10:44:33 AM »

Sorry I meant "post"

Vicky81

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2022, 10:53:18 AM »

I'm here for you hun ...private message me anytime you want xxx

Gingercatmom

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2022, 10:57:30 AM »

Thank you. I'm sorry you're feeling like this too. How does anyone ever get through it

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2022, 10:59:15 AM »

Please. I'm just so sorry I can't stop crying. I don't want to go on like this anymore. All the things that are meant to help won't work for me. It's brutal and so so painful

Gingercatmom, I am so very sorry you are in so much pain. I know it can take time to find things that help. It is frustrating when we hear how others seem to thrive but from reading this forum I see so many like you and me who are struggling to find the right HRT. Would you like to say more about what is going on for you?

Gingercatmom

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2022, 11:10:32 AM »

I had such high hopes for the HRT making me well. I've had to stop as I can't tolerate even 1 pump of gel, I get extremely sick and jittery. I am only a week into my cycle and I have bad period pains and pains in my thighs and back.
My son is home today from uni, he shouldn't have to see me like this.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2022, 11:18:14 AM »

I think it is very confusing when we hear famous people talk about how wonderful HRT has made them feel and then we do not have the same experience. It is very unfortunate when we are sensitive to medication and struggle to deal with side effects. You are not alone in how you are feeling and I am so sorry it is making you feel so sad. It is even harder as you have health anxiety. I remember you were going to ask to be seen at a menopause clinic. Maybe they will be able to come up with something that is more tolerable for you. It is horrible you are in pain with the period. Do you find a hot water bottle helpful at all? It sounds like you may need a restful day in bed with a hot water bottle and maybe to watch a light hearted programme.

Your son will understand you are not feeling well. Please do not feel bad that he is home while this is going on. It cannot be helped. What a lovely, caring mum you are to be thinking of your son while you are feeling so unwell.

Dada39

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2022, 11:20:51 AM »

Hi Ginger, so sorry you fell like this.
You are not alone and it is your hormones or maybe the hrt or maybe the lack of. I was so down last september because my hrt was not ajusted, I was crying every day, I was anxious about losing my friend my family (it was irrational).

It went away when I stopped but it was worse after stopping utrogestan and then it went away.
It's not you, You will get throuth this. (Sorry its not my native language)
Please reach out to someone you trust.

Dada39

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2022, 11:25:12 AM »

Oh Il glad your son is visiting. Do not hesitate to share with him this forum.i'm sure you arr a lovely mumband you have a caring son.
Here in France the sun is shining. I am sending you a warm smile and a hug (with a mask of course;)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2022, 11:29:30 AM »

It's awful.  Hormones really can play havoc.  Make sure that you are well hydrated, that you eat little and often - even through the early hours if you go across the bathroom/back.  Get into the sunshine to top up VitD levels.

If you are in pain, take 'nurofen' or similar regularly for a couple of days.  It can act as a relaxant too.  Why shouldn't your son see you unwell, there's no shame in menopause! 

Gingercatmom

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2022, 12:11:21 PM »

Thankyou all for taking the time out of your day to reply to me. It means more than you know x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2022, 12:13:08 PM »

You are so welcome. :)

Suzysheep

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2022, 01:03:50 PM »

I’m sorry you’re suffering so much. It can be a tough time for many of us, you’re not alone with that!
As a mother of 3 sons, when I had a torrid time of it over the summer I was open and honest about what was happening and why to them. I need them to understand what females go through throughout their life, because of hormones. He may just surprise you and start being thoughtful and considerate 😆

Dawnp

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2022, 02:42:07 PM »

Although I can’t offer anything useful I just wanted to let you know you are not alone with hrt not working for you. I feel the same as you so I know how awful it is. x