Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti  (Read 590 times)

Mogster71

Evorel Conti
« on: March 20, 2022, 12:21:39 PM »

Hello lovely MM'ers :)
I am now halfway through my second month on Evorel Conti, after switching from Evorel Sequi. It was suggested by one of the female GPs at my practice as I had noticed an increase in the amount of headaches i experience - initially was at the time of period but then started popping up randomly at other times. She felt that they could be caused by the fluctuation in hormones and that a lower continuous dose may benefit me.

So far, I seem to be bleeding the same as before, if not more. I was always a week earlier than I should be (at the end of the pack), so I would get a headache when I did start, then one when I should have, then one at ovulation time...party central eh?  The headaches have not drastically reduced and I also have dizziness and "cotton wool head", a bit of nausea. My cheeks seem to go very red and hot mid afternoon but the rest of my body doesn't - is that a flush? It can last up to an hour or so. I've no idea but I don't sweat like I've heard other ladies do.

The sequi had been controlling the joint pain I had in my wrist but not so much with this either. When I spoke to my doctor after the end of the first month as she'd only given me enough patches for that long, she suggested that if this wasn't successful that I may be better off with a Mirena. I'm not averse to having a bleed, the only reason I came off the sequi was to try and get rid of the spikes in hormones that cause the headaches..

I do realise I am very early days with the conti and that I can expect to bleed irregularly for up to a few months; this is more than spotting though it's a full on period...and I've had 2 so far in about 5 weeks. Maybe I was too early for a conti regime?

I just wondered if anyone else had a similar situation, particularly in terms of headaches, and found relief with the Mirena?
If you've got this far then thanks for reading xx

Dotty

Re: Evorel Conti
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 12:24:55 PM »

Hi it could be as you sat that your body is not ready for a Conti regime. Or it could just be that you need to give it time.

How long were you on Evorel Sequi? And can I ask how old you are ? X

Mogster71

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2022, 12:53:50 PM »

Hello Lovely Dotty

I have been on a sequi regime for about 2.5 years, first Femoston 1/10, then 2/10, then Evorel Sequi for the last 9 months. I was 50 in October.

I feel like I'm running out of options really  :-\ on each of the occasions I switched up because the headaches were no longer being controlled by the dose. I did try Estradot and utrogestan but the progesterone made me feel rough. Like I said, I don't mind having a bleed if I'm not ready for continuous yet; in October I had a 3 week bleed though, investigations were fine. I think this, combined with trying to seek a more steady dose, was my GPs reason for suggesting continuous.

Thanks so much for replying x Mog x

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2022, 01:36:36 PM »

Hi Mogster

It's a difficult one. You're still quite young at 50 and so may not be ready for a conti regime.  Perhaps give it  bit longer x