Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Low oestrogen level?  (Read 1064 times)

2cats

Low oestrogen level?
« on: March 19, 2022, 01:33:46 PM »

Hi,
I have been peri menopausal since I was 37 and I’m now 53! I have been convinced for some while that my hrt is not working very well. I am on 75 mcg Oestrodot and Utrogestan. It was upped to 75 from 50 because I felt it wasn’t working.
I finally got a referral to my local menopause clinic and after 5 months of waiting, I got my first appt last month. I was given a blood test which showed my Estradiol level as 179 (nurse didn’t say the unit of measurement) but she did say this wasn’t high enough to protect bones (200 is the level for this). Can anyone give me an idea of where this sits in terms of healthy levels to combat symptoms? The nurse believes that I can’t be absorbing from patches. 
Because I don’t take the utrogestan for the right amount of days or at the right dosage, she’s also sent me for a pelvic scan which showed my lining to be 9 which is too thick. However this was whilst I was taking utrogestan and in the lead up to my period.
I now have to go for a hysteroscopy on 30th, scan was on 1st and she won’t prescribe new regime till after that.  Meanwhile I’m really suffering.
My reason for asking for a referral was to get testosterone but she said she won’t give me it until I’m on a new regime for a few months. I’m very frustrated to say the least (but very grateful to be thoroughly checked out too).
If anyone can give me an idea about good Estradiol levels, I’d be very grateful.

Nik2502

Re: Low oestrogen level?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2022, 02:00:50 PM »

Hi

I’m a patient of Louise Newson and they recommend that oestrogen levels should be a minimum of 350 but higher in those that suffer with hormonal depression.

You should be settled on a good therapeutic dose of oestrogen before testosterone is introduced.

Good you’re good a full check up!

N x

laszla

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2022, 03:13:34 PM »

Plasma estradiol levels should be at least 300-400 pmol for bone protection and according to the Studd/Panay school up to 800 to alleviate menopausal anxiety/depression

Always have a pelvic scan right after your bleed - I learned this the hard way when my incompetent GP sent me for a scan failing to advise me of this. As a result, like you, I had it the day before my bleed and the measurement was high (10mm) which ensued in my receiving a letter literally saying "you have suspected cancer".
I had no such thing as a repeat scan at the right time of the month yielded a much lower thickness.

Gingercatmom

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2022, 04:51:35 PM »

Hello can I ask please where in your cycle did you have your blood taken? My oestradiol is 132, this was on day 3. Not sure if it should be higher but I feel awful currently on gel and utro x

2cats

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2022, 08:16:55 AM »

I’m not sure where I was in my cycle. I’ll try and work it out.  :)

2cats

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2022, 08:19:45 AM »

Plasma estradiol levels should be at least 300-400 pmol for bone protection and according to the Studd/Panay school up to 800 to alleviate menopausal anxiety/depression

Always have a pelvic scan right after your bleed - I learned this the hard way when my incompetent GP sent me for a scan failing to advise me of this. As a result, like you, I had it the day before my bleed and the measurement was high (10mm) which ensued in my receiving a letter literally saying "you have suspected cancer".
I had no such thing as a repeat scan at the right time of the month yielded a much lower thickness.
This is really interesting to know. Thanks laszla and Nik2502