Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Mirtazipine  (Read 838 times)

Smokey

Mirtazipine
« on: March 19, 2022, 12:06:42 PM »

Is anyone on Mirtazipine and found that it has changed their periods or cycle?

I’m just wondering as even though I don’t have periods as such as have a mirena coil I do get period pains but since being on Mirtazapine have noticed I’m getting more sometimes three times each month and just wondered if Mirtazapine is the cause.

Sometimes I also get a slight bleed too but only once each month. I don’t think I should get these either my coil was changed last April.

Smokey(Ann)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Mirtazipine
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2022, 01:46:19 PM »

That's annoying ain't it!

MayB put the drug name into the search box on the Forum to see if there are threads.  Do U feel that otherwise it helps?

Smokey

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2022, 11:48:51 AM »

It definitely helps with sleep and as an antidepressant I do get very vivid and complex dreams which are great however I did have one the other night which scared the sh*t out of me I dreamt I woke up and couldn’t breathe and was rolling around the bed in agony then I woke up and to be honest it’s spooked me ever since.

I’ve not felt good since December with the appearance of anxiety raising its ugly head together with adrenaline or corsodal surges I gues this is what I’m experiencing I sometimes suddenly feel really Ill it only lasts a couple of minutes but is horrible I’m thinking hormones is to blame and have said to doctor I need a higher dose of hrt but now I’ve just found out that one of the side effects of my ms drug is anxiety and depression and nausea which I also do get on and off so have decided to stop taking it at the moment to see if my these disappear.

But now what do I do about my ms?

I guess it hasn’t helped having just had a cough and cold and sore throat. I’ve not had a cold for many many years, my hubby got covid but wasn’t too bad just cough and flu like symptoms and I was very worried I would get it but strangely I didn’t even though my ms drug lowers your immune system   

How are you anyway.

Smokey (Ann)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2022, 12:37:59 PM »

Morning.  My anxiety will rise as we are away at the end of the week  >:(

Otherwise, enjoying every bit of sunshine that falls from the sky  :-*

Do you see a Consultant about the MS or look on the UK Support web-site - there mayB a Forum where you can double check? 

How long have you been on the MS regime and did you have symptoms then?