Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Mini Periods at 53  (Read 682 times)

LAR22

• First Flush
Mini Periods at 53
« on: March 21, 2022, 01:27:33 PM »

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie but this site was recommended to me by my doctor.  I turned 53 in January and still having minute periods sometimes one every 5 days or so.  They last about 2 days and then disappear and I might go a few weeks with zilch and then they return.  I cannot take HRT due to family history.  Some days I get lots of flushes and some days nothing.  But I can get shivers and sweats that make you feel yuk.  I take Red Clover (Promensil) eat very healthy and take regular exercise. Not much else I can do but my question is does anyone else have the minute periods at 53?  My doctor told me its normal and some women can get this for a while before stopping.  My last heavy period was 8 months ago. 

Anyone else in the same boat?
 :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Mini Periods at 53
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 01:31:56 PM »

Welcome.

Why do you think that you can't have Replacement therapy?

My periods waxed and waned for several years: 'normal' but without the pain and dreadful flooding, then they would disappear 4 weeks/months.   >:(  ::)

Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use to chart progress.  If your hormones are fluctuating then you may not have 'enough' for a full bleed which is what can happen in peri-menopause.

Browse round.  Make notes.

LAR22

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2022, 01:38:16 PM »

Yes I have been reading what some of the other ladies have been saying.  Its a great forum for information.

My mum had thrombosis at my age so I am seen as a risk.  To be honest I handle the symptoms most of the time and its a very natural process to go through despite some days being harder than others.  Flushes are more of a pain but I carry a battery fan with me and this helps.  I was never allowed the pill after the age of 35 either so HRT for me not an option although I know I could push to try it but don't want to.  Coming on here and reading others experiences is really useful but I am interested to know what others are going through at my age?

They say alot of women stop at 52 but I am still going in a tiny way at the moment.  Hoping the minute periods go away very soon. 

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2022, 02:34:53 PM »

Such a nuisance! 

Do read the 'bladder issues' and 'vaginal atrophy' threads, ;-) 4warned is 4armed.

Gracie

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2022, 04:12:20 PM »

The words vaginal atrophy draw me to the forum every time!

I just want to say that I used HRT in my early 50's for about 5 years and from then I was fine, hurray menopause over with!
Got to my 70's and the dreaded condition that I had never heard of, Vaginal Atrophy came into my life.
What I want to say is watch out for it as you age, be aware of the symptoms and get treatment, hopefully it won't affect you but 1 in 3 women do and treatment is for life.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2022, 04:15:09 PM »

There are several ways of delivering HRT if necessary.  If you are able to cope that's great. 

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2022, 05:04:38 PM »

Hi LAR22. Just to say that my mine also had thrombosis in her fifties but this doesn't preclude me from using HRT. Have you had your blood clotting factors checked? This might make all of the difference should you find that you would like to try HRT after all. I had mine checked and I'm fine for the main ones. Transdermal HRT does not increase your risk of thrombosis but oral HRT is not advised. I appreciate that at the moment you are coping well with your symptoms but, as you go further into menopause, you might change your mind (I did  ;D) and it's important to have up to date information.

The on/off periods are common and some women carry on into late fifties/ early sixties.

Taz x  :welcomemm: