Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: I'm at a loss ❤  (Read 1147 times)

Unicorn

I'm at a loss ❤
« on: March 17, 2022, 01:11:58 PM »

Hi lovely ladies!

I'm at a loss really and frightened I'm not ever going to feel 'normal again.

I'm on day 9 of a new HRT regime where I rub Sandrena gel in and then on day 15 I start utrogestan, 200.  Before starting, I had terrible pounding heart, hot flushes and exhausion and had suffered intermittently with low mood and anxiety (probably due to the other symptoms).

I am just finishing my period (day 6 of spotting) and miraculously, my pounding, racing heart and hot face has calmed down significantly 😄 which is great.

But now I just feel 'meh', still not wanting to do anything, go anywhere much on my days off from work.  I don't know whether all the horrible physical symptoms covered this feeling up so I didn't notice it so much, I'm not sure.

I've been taking an AD Sertraline, 100mg for about a year now and while it helped initially, it seems to have pooped out.

I know it's only been 9 days on my HRT, and I'm inpatient, but I really want to feel like me again.

What shall I do? Please help xxx

Flossieteacake

Re: I'm at a loss ❤
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 01:33:48 PM »

Hello Unicorn. I am really sorry to hear of how you are feeling. I would say 9 days is still very early to know if the HRT is working. With the low mood it could be due to your hormones not yet being stabilised. You not having the racing heart and hot face is so positive. I think that is very encouraging. I would give it some time to see if things settle. If you are not feeling able to do that then you could look at having the sertraline adjusted.

Unicorn

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 01:40:14 PM »

Thanks Flossieteacake! I have already changed my AD twice over the last 4 years, which is very disheartening ☹ if it's not physical symptoms, it's mental symptoms... they seem to swing from one to the other xx

Vicky81

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2022, 01:40:37 PM »

Hi Unicorn,

I feel your pain with the low mood/anxiety and not wanting to go anywhere on your day off...i am the same at present.

I am 3 weeks in to 4 pumps Oestrogel and i am VERY impatient also. The private clinic keep telling me to be patient as the oestrogen needs to level out, and that most women see improvements in the 2 - 6 week mark, however the standard is 3 months.

I too am on Sertaline 50mg (just over 6 weeks in) still the same i guess with not wanting to go out socially.

Stick with your regime as 9 days IS too early hun, i know its hard, i am in the same boat, message me whenever you want.

Vicky xxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2022, 01:47:18 PM »

Thanks Flossieteacake! I have already changed my AD twice over the last 4 years, which is very disheartening ☹ if it's not physical symptoms, it's mental symptoms... they seem to swing from one to the other xx

It is hard to find the right AD. I read sertraline can be taken up to 200mg. It could just be a matter of waiting to see if your mood improves once the HRT starts to work.

Unicorn

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2022, 02:25:24 PM »

Thank you ladies! And Vicki, I hope this regime for you is the golden bullet 😘 .  Flossieteacake, I really dont want to increase my AD to be honest, as I'm a wuse  and scared... id rather change to another AD.  I have suffered previously with anxiety (more than depression) in the past and taken an AD with success.  I had been good for 10 + years until this crap started about 4 years ago xxx

Vicky81

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2022, 02:32:01 PM »

Thanks Unicorn...i hope you start to feel better soon xx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2022, 02:33:14 PM »

Thank you ladies! And Vicki, I hope this regime for you is the golden bullet 😘 .  Flossieteacake, I really dont want to increase my AD to be honest, as I'm a wuse  and scared... id rather change to another AD.  I have suffered previously with anxiety (more than depression) in the past and taken an AD with success.  I had been good for 10 + years until this crap started about 4 years ago xxx

I understand. You may want to talk to your GP about anxiety medication when you feel ready. They are more suited for anxiety then ADs.

Unicorn

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2022, 04:03:19 PM »

Thanks Flossieteacake, but its lack of motivation and feeling 'meh' is the problem at the moment 🙄 xxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2022, 04:17:12 PM »

Hopefully once the HRT kicks in your mood will lift.  :)

VictoryV

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2022, 10:34:17 AM »

Morning Unicorn ☀️

I’m sending positive vibes, sounds like things are getting a lot better for you so keep going, don’t give up!

I got this text this morning: if we have the attitude that it’s going to be a great day it usually is! Made me chuck my trainers on and run with the dog!  :o

X

Vicky81

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2022, 10:40:29 AM »

UNICORN - i have sent you a private message xxx