Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Is it menopause or anxiety?  (Read 798 times)

MelsBels

• First Flush
Is it menopause or anxiety?
« on: March 17, 2022, 08:27:31 PM »

Hi there!
I’m new to the forum, thanks for having me!
Blood tests about 10 months ago revealed I was perimenopausal. I had a range of physical and symptoms and an overwhelming Feeling after spare which I need my job very difficult. GP put me on one sashay of Sandrena per day which made a massive difference almost immediately! Most of my physical symptoms resolved and my anxiety disappeared overnight.

5 months later my anxiety started to return. I then increased my dose of Sandrena to 2 sachets per day and symptoms disappeared again. Another few resurgence of the anxiety worse than ever.

I don’t have any other physical symptoms but the mental symptoms were always worse for me.

I have upped my dose to a third Sandrena sachet which is now the maximum and it has helped a little bit but not completely.

My Mirena coil is also due to be charged next week as this has been in for five years and I’m wondering whether the progesterone element being low could be contributing to my mood.

I should add that I have suffered with anxiety for over 20 years but this is typically really well managed and has not been at a level it is now for a very long time.

I have been on antidepressants for 20 years to good effect.

Does anybody have any experience of this or any advice? Thank you.

jaypo

Re: Is it menopause or anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2022, 10:55:31 AM »

Hi MelsBels,just wanted to say welcome to the forum.
Anxiety is the worst thing about menopause in my opinion,you may need to go back to your Dr and get a review on your HRT,don't forget,as we travel through this meno,your oestrogen levels drop more and more,so it might be that you need something different,I'm not on HRT myself so can't advise too much on it,sorry xx

Vicky81

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2022, 11:16:26 AM »

Hi Mel

Which antidepressant are you on that helped with anxiety? xx

MelsBels

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2022, 08:27:17 AM »

Thanks Jaypo, I really do need to do that.

Vicky81 I’ve been on citalopram for 19 years and maintain a steady dose. It has definitely helped and I have no side effects whatsoever. Other things have been part of this too though - understanding myself and potential triggers is a big one and having my own little ‘toolkit’ of things to do that help me If I do feel anxious. I have OCD/general anxiety. Hope that helps!

Xx