Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT & Anxiety  (Read 795 times)

Sarah48

HRT & Anxiety
« on: March 20, 2022, 09:48:27 AM »

Hi,

I started Evorel 50 patches and Utrogestan tablets 2 weeks ago.  Did anyone find their anxiety levels increased?  I already take 20mg of citalapram which has been amazing, as I suffered from awful anxiety which had totally disappeared for the last 5 years. Not sure if I should just stick with it and see if it settles down? It’s early days but I hadn’t expected to feel worse!
I was prescribed HRT due to night sweats, very painful periods, tearfulness and aches and pains.
I’m so pleased I found this forum 😊

Flossieteacake

Re: HRT & Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 09:54:28 AM »

Hello Sarah48 and welcome to the forum. You could feel anxious due to the changes in your hormones. If you feel able to then you could wait and see if the anxiety settles once your body gets used to the HRT. If you do not feel you can wait then you could ask to try a different progesterone to utrogestan and see if that helps.

Sarah48

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2022, 10:05:10 AM »

@flossieteacake  Thankyou 😊.. knowing that it could just be a side effect makes me feel better.  Hopefully it will settle down.  It’s just horrible feeling on edge, I am trying to keep myself busy, distraction does work but not always easy! X
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 10:07:22 AM by Sarah48 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2022, 10:06:00 AM »

MayB keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress?

Browse round. Make notes ;-)

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2022, 10:06:47 AM »

I am so pleased you feel a bit better. It is horrid feeling on edge. I am sorry you are going through this. I too find distraction can help but sometimes I cannot distract myself at all.

Sarah48

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2022, 10:11:43 AM »

CLKD - yes good idea, Thankyou 😊.
 I had expected a miracle cure and to bounce out of bed feeling 20 again! Maybe that will happen next week 😜

Sarah48

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2022, 10:13:31 AM »

Flossieteacake.. have you found HRT works for you?  I think I set my expectations too high!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2022, 10:16:44 AM »

Flossieteacake.. have you found HRT works for you?  I think I set my expectations too high!

I agree that you may have set your expectations too high. I am very sensitive to medication and it took me 3 months before I could get used to HRT. I am now fine on oestrogen and still trying to find a progesterone I can tolerate. It can take time to get used to a HRT and also to find one that works. Hang on in there.  :)

Sarah48

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2022, 10:24:44 AM »

I hope you find the right match soon.  I hadn’t appreciated how complex it can be.   It’s great to be able to talk to other ladies and share experiences.  😊

Flossieteacake

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2022, 10:27:55 AM »

Thank you. I hope you do too. It is great you have joined this forum.  :)