Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Advice please about increasing my estrogel pump doses  (Read 856 times)

Jane8040

• First Flush
Advice please about increasing my estrogel pump doses
« on: March 15, 2022, 05:42:46 PM »

Hi, I'm new to the site and wondered if someone could advise me about my estrogel dose please.

I started on the HRT over a year ago as I get terrible brain fog. I get the occasional hot flush and sore gums etc.... but for me it's the brain fog that has really affected me and is really affecting my work. I was given the Everol Sequi patches initially for a few months and they did help but the brain fog was still there. So I swapped to estrogel (which I take every day) and utrogeston (I take them day 1-25 of a 28 cycle).

Like the patches it has helped but the last few weeks my brain fog seems to be getting worse and I feel a bit spaced out and just can't concentrate so didn't know if I should try upping the estrogel pump doses? I am chatting to my GP this week about it but wondered if others had had similar issues?

Thanks  :) :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Advice please about increasing my estrogel pump doses
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2022, 07:07:46 PM »

Hi1 how is your diet overall?  Being tired can cause mugginess.  As can dehydration.  Have you had your thyroid function and VitD levels tested recently, we shouldn't blame peri for all our symptoms.

:welcomemm:  browse round. 

Jane8040

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2022, 09:11:55 PM »

Hi, I probably don't drink enough water and probably don't eat enough greens etc... so have tried to drink more this week and eat healthier to see if that helps. I take VitD supplements and have had my bloods tested a few weeks ago for everything and all ok. Will see how the increase in water and healthier food goes. When I switched from the patches to this new regime of pills/gel I had about 3 weeks with no HRT and my brain fog came back a bit, but definitely agree that sometimes it's hard to know if it's peri menopause/stress/diet etc.... will increase the water uptake and eat healthier and see if that helps! Thanks for your reply  :)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 09:13:47 PM by Jane8040 »

Gnatty

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2022, 06:46:35 AM »

How many pumps are you on?

Jane8040

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2022, 12:48:12 PM »

Hi, I was on 2 pumps and am now going to up it to 3 so I'll do one in the morning and then 2 at night and see if that helps ? Thanks 😁

Gnatty

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2022, 05:09:55 PM »

Hi I was told to take them all in the morning else the levels never get to a good amount.... Having said that some of us on here do split. I did experiment with splitting but I found taking some at nighttime spoilt my sleep.

Jane8040

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2022, 05:20:19 PM »

Oh good point I will try that then thanks everyone 😊 am so sick of brain fog !