Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hypothyroidism, Menopause & HRT  (Read 775 times)

ATB

Hypothyroidism, Menopause & HRT
« on: March 17, 2022, 11:15:20 AM »

I’ve recently learnt a lot about how my thyroid issue has impacted peri menopause and HRT and am working out now how to adjust each hormone to get the right balance. Has anyone else here had to adjust thyroid meds since starting HRT? After all these years of struggling I only just last year learnt that my testosterone, available testosterone, is lower because of the thyroid medication I take. It’s a known issue but no doctor told me before. So I feel much better since taking testosterone via Androfemme but it’s a shame nobody told me when I started thyroid meds! I also recently discovered that estrogen dominance can affect the body’s ability to convert T4 into T3. This explains a lot as my estrogen has gone drastically up and down and so has my overall health despite being on thyroid meds, symptoms used to come and go. As I’ve been on HRT a few months now I’ve also seen that my Free T3 & 4 has gone up so I’ve been able to reduce my thyroid meds a bit as well. It makes sense that the entire system needs to be balanced and hormones will affect each other, but it seems that there isn’t a lot of doctors that understand or at least inform their patients. I’ve had a lot of doctors appointments over 7 years and it wasn’t till I went to the Newson clinic I learnt some of this. I’m hoping reducing both thyroid meds and estrogen will lower my anxiety now, as pretty much everything else is actually good. 7 years of feeling terrible and HRT with right thyroid dose has sorted me in 6 months! I’m interested in anyone else who is hypothyroid who is able to share any tips or insights into this and anything I might still not know.