Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sluggish mornings, "wired" evenings.  (Read 2285 times)

Kathleen

Re: Sluggish mornings, "wired" evenings.
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2022, 06:14:27 PM »

Hello ladies.

I joined the forum in 2013 just as I was about to start HRT after struggling with post menopause for three years. I am sure that the Adrenal Fatigue topic has been discussed before so it may be worth doing a search.

I am still having problems similar to the ones mentioned here but my issues are mood changes rather than energy plus I developed hypothyroidism at the end of 2019 thanks to Glandular Fever. I take 75 mcg of Levothyroxine daily and my blood test results are in the normal range.

I wouldn't have a clue about supporting my adrenals but I do indulge in a nap or an early
night if I feel that I need it.

I have my long awaited Newson Health appointment next week and I hope my doctor can throw some light on what is going on and I will update the forum.  As a bit of background I am using two and a half sachets of Sandrena gel and 0.60 mcg of Androfeme daily, progesterone is provided by 100mcg Cyclogest pessaries every other night. I have been on this regime for three months, hence the appointment. I will be explaining to my doctor that my moods fluctuate from tense and tearful to calm and relaxed and then back to tense and tearful over the course of a day. I am usually calm etc in the late evening and at bedtime. If my doctor can pick the bones out of all that she is a better man than I am lol.

Wishing you all well ladies.

K.

Nik2502

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2022, 06:23:50 PM »

Hello ladies.

I joined the forum in 2013 just as I was about to start HRT after struggling with post menopause for three years. I am sure that the Adrenal Fatigue topic has been discussed before so it may be worth doing a search.

I am still having problems similar to the ones mentioned here but my issues are mood changes rather than energy plus I developed hypothyroidism at the end of 2019 thanks to Glandular Fever. I take 75 mcg of Levothyroxine daily and my blood test results are in the normal range.

I wouldn't have a clue about supporting my adrenals but I do indulge in a nap or an early
night if I feel that I need it.

I have my long awaited Newson Health appointment next week and I hope my doctor can throw some light on what is going on and I will update the forum.  As a bit of background I am using two and a half sachets of Sandrena gel and 0.60 mcg of Androfeme daily, progesterone is provided by 100mcg Cyclogest pessaries every other night. I have been on this regime for three months, hence the appointment. I will be explaining to my doctor that my moods fluctuate from tense and tearful to calm and relaxed and then back to tense and tearful over the course of a day. I am usually calm etc in the late evening and at bedtime. If my doctor can pick the bones out of all that she is a better man than I am lol.

Wishing you all well ladies.

K.

Hi Kathleen

I’m very like you. I’m tearful and anxious in the morning then feel better towards midday then feel tearful again early evening and by bedtime feel great!
I’ve just increased to 100 oestrogen, 5mg Provera daily and Androfemme.
I just feel permanent unwell.
I’m also a patient at Newson so hope they can sort you out!

Nik x

Postmeno3

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2022, 06:34:08 PM »

Ladies, Newson Health is now recognising the role of the adrenals, so definitely worth asking about. There may be info on  their Balance app. You're right, ATB, access to full care which looks at the whole hormonal cascade and not always just quick fix sex hormones, should be available to all regardless of financial or personal advantage. I'm delighted with how this thread is unfolding. Thank you, all! More adrenal insufficiency issues please! 👍

Kathleen

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2022, 06:43:01 PM »

Hello again ladies

I will note down some questions and update you all asap.

Onward and upward!

Take care everyone.

K.

Marchlove

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2022, 07:54:12 PM »

Thank you for sharing your story ATB.
I entirely agree with you, the provision of healthcare for the entire endocrine system in this country is a disgrace! I think it’s all about where the money is to be made I’m afraid and it’s there’s of course with products with no patent.
If you don’t mind I have a few questions for you-
- what type of thyroid medication are you taking?
- who did you use for your regular cortisol saliva testing and did the test monitor Dhea at the same time?
- did you use pregnenolone or Dhea at all to treat your adrenal issues?

It is so helpful to hear other ladies experiences in something other than hrt, so thank you.
x

Marchlove

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2022, 07:55:54 PM »

Sorry didn’t have my glasses on for last post!

Postmeno3

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2022, 11:19:14 AM »

Yes, I'd be interested to know too! 👍

Kathleen

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2022, 04:18:55 PM »

Hello again ladies.

Nik2502 - I have sent you a pm. I hope that is okay.

Take care.

K.

ATB

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2022, 06:56:44 PM »

Thank you for sharing your story ATB.
I entirely agree with you, the provision of healthcare for the entire endocrine system in this country is a disgrace! I think it’s all about where the money is to be made I’m afraid and it’s there’s of course with products with no patent.
If you don’t mind I have a few questions for you-
- what type of thyroid medication are you taking?
- who did you use for your regular cortisol saliva testing and did the test monitor Dhea at the same time?
- did you use pregnenolone or Dhea at all to treat your adrenal issues?

It is so helpful to hear other ladies experiences in something other than hrt, so thank you.
x

Hi! No problem.
1. Thyroid meds: taking NDT armour, I have tried quite a few and this works best, but I would like to shift again maybe next year and see if synthetic T3 & T4 would work this time
2. I tried several labs depending on what the doctor I was seeing wanted but now Medichecks and yes you can get your DHEA done too, usually at same time
3. I tried DHEA to treat adrenals at the very start but found no benefit to it. I was prescribed it from a doctor along with quite a few other things.

Marchlove

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2022, 07:38:38 PM »

Thanks ATB, very helpful.
I notice on the STTM website that there has been some issues with the NDT armour recently regarding quality. Have you seen the articles?
I took pregnenolone a few years ago when my cortisol levels were extremely low throughout the day and was practically bed bound. It worked well and within a few months I was back in a good normal range. I didn’t take Dhea but I think I should have tried it as my Dhea was extremely low also.
I now use Thorne Adrenal Cortex for afternoon cortisol low and been taking a very low dose Dhea for about a week now, so early days with that. I’m not taking testosterone.
But nobody ever thought to look at my thyroid!
So that’s another thing that I’ve recently started but just taking T4 at present until I know my adrenals are happier and  then the plan is to add T3.
What is so frustrating is all of this has to be paid for which is not acceptable and very unfair to those on lower incomes. It should be available to all!!! xx

ATB

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2022, 06:44:21 PM »

Yes it’s absolutely not right that some people have fewer options because of cost. Although I was born in a country that doesn’t have free healthcare so while I know I’m many ways it’s great in the UK, with some conditions the options and treatment have a way to go.
I’m not having issues with armour, it’s a brand and a couple of other brands are the ones having issues, I used to be on one of them. It’s a pain too!
Pages: 1 [2]