Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Frightened  (Read 1522 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Frightened
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2022, 08:22:24 PM »

Criky! that is a strange reaction.  Why would withdrawal cause seizures  :-\.  I do get electric zaps occasionally due to the medication I take, it's a sudden oh! and gone.  I'm used to it now. 

Nik2502

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2022, 08:25:24 PM »

Apparently it’s a common withdrawal symptom in people who are sensitive to serotonin. I should never have been put on them in the first place but no one understood hormones then. I am slowly trying to get off them but it could take years x

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2022, 08:29:13 PM »

Taken from an American group: NAMI

The National Alliance on Mental Illness, is the nation's largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.

Are seizures a side effect of Effexor?

Venlafaxine is a selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor commonly used for the treatment of depression. Although listed as an adverse reaction, seizure activity associated with a therapeutic dose of venlafaxine has rarely been documented.

How do you treat venlafaxine withdrawal?

A potential option for treatment of venlafaxine withdrawal when further dosage tapering is not tolerated is to conclude treatment with a 1-week course of low-dose duloxetine.(2 Feb 2017)

Hopefully you are being followed up by the appropriate speciality with brain scans etc.? 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 08:31:59 PM by CLKD »

Nik2502

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2022, 08:43:34 PM »

Yes I’ve seen a neurologist and they confirmed the seizures were due to Venlafaxine withdrawal.

I’m under the care of the Regional Affective Disorders team currently.  I’m just very sensitive to any type of drug  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2022, 09:14:35 PM »

Awful!   We don't know enough about the brain ............ it's a strange critter, often forgotten being out of sight, out of mind  ::).  The brain needs feeding as an organ to keep it healthy. 

Suzysheep

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2022, 05:20:12 PM »

I’m sorry you’re struggling so much right now Nik2502.
I had an awful reaction to HRT… but an even worse one coming off it. It sent me into a full blown nervous breakdown. 

The thing that saved me was venlafaxine…. So I’m really sorry it’s not working for you. That sounds like a crazy high dosage you were on!
If tapering off is too much for you right now have you heard of adding in martazepine? They call the combination Californian rocket fuel!
Apart from diazepam, I was prescribed phenergan, which is a antihistamine. I took it at night. It helped me sleep, and stopped the early morning panic and sickness I woke up with. It’s also non addictive, which I preferred over the diazepam.

Some of us are just super sensitive to any chemical changes in our bodies, be that HRT or ADs… I even get dizzy with paracetamol!!

Pages: 1 [2]