Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan potentially too low dose  (Read 766 times)

Honeybean

Utrogestan potentially too low dose
« on: March 16, 2022, 09:16:15 PM »

When I started taking Utrogestan about 2.5 years ago I was on 200mg for 12 days per month.

At some point in the last 2.5 years my dose was changed down to 100mg for the 12 days per month, which I didn’t notice or realise.

Anyway, I was having an HRT review yesterday and the gp I saw noticed I was on the low dose too and asked why. Obviously I don’t know why.

I do know that once you move on to taking Utrogestan everyday you reduced down to 100mg per day but not when you’re still having a bleed etc.

Should I be worried about being on the lower dose for the last year or so? I was still having a bleed but it was definitely lighter than when I first went on HRT at the 200mg.

I just worry whether the dosage has had any detrimental effects such as the risk of womb cancer due to the uterine lining getting too thick.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Cassie

Re: Utrogestan potentially too low dose
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 09:34:50 PM »

I have been on 100mg for 12 days per month for many many years.If you having a bleed each month you should be fine. You can arrange to have a scan if you are concerned but if you use it vaginally,it goes straight to where it is needed  & I cannot think that you need to be cconcerned.