Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Vagifem  (Read 927 times)

Elphelia

• First Flush
Vagifem
« on: March 16, 2022, 12:02:44 PM »

Hello everyone.  I have just joined menopause matters and would like to ask about how long vagifem will take to work?  I've been using it for just over two weeks having suffered from a dreadful burning sensation and urine infections for several months.  Things have improved but some days the burning is worse than others.  Any advice will be very welcome

jaypo

Re: Vagifem
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 12:07:52 PM »

Hi and welcome to the forum
I take it you've been using it every day in the two weeks? These things do take a while,my Dr has told me to use it as often as I like,so,if things are getting worse I take it every day for a few days until things settle,I've been on it for a couple of years now and it certainly helps,if you're still having issues,ask your Dr if it's ok to use it more often,it's a very small dose of oestrogen so it's quite safe

Gracie

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2022, 12:22:25 PM »

It took four months before I felt the benefits, it takes a long time and requires a lot of patience.
I use Vagifem every day with the help of Ovestin cream used locally. Also a moisturiser which is essential.
It's a wretched condition that requires everything thrown at it, no messing just go on the attack!! :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2022, 12:53:37 PM »

:welcomemm:  sometimes an extra pessary is required - so mayB use one in the afternoon and another at night, keep on with nightly insertion for as long as required.  To stop the need2P feelings, I take 'nurofen' - 2 capsules 3 times a day until the sensation eases.

Elphelia

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2022, 01:44:38 PM »

Thanks for all your advice.  I've taken them on board and will see if I can get some cream as well to use locally.  I'll let you know how I get on.