Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: What to do about my 3 week period?  (Read 992 times)

Waitykaty

What to do about my 3 week period?
« on: March 16, 2022, 08:09:58 AM »

Day 3 of trying to get hold of  my GP.

I just had Covid and I didn’t take my HRT.
( oestrogel and Utrogestan) I’m 53

My period started and so I kept up the gel thinking I’d start Utrogestan next month. But the period hasn’t stopped yet!  I’m on day 18.

Does anyone have any similar experiences or suggestions. I wondered if I should just take the Utrogestan anyway?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: What to do about my 3 week period?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 09:18:22 AM »

Morning.  Is there any hint in the leaflet in the box?

How heavy is the bleed, 18 days was 'normal' for me  ::).  How often do you need to change your protection?  There is a medication which can B prescribed for extreme bleeding.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2022, 11:22:00 AM »

The bleed probably started as you stopped the utrogestan. Is the bleed exceptionally heavy i.e. are you having to use super pads plus tampons? How were your withdrawal bleeds before?

I would think that you should take the utrogestan as usual as you are using the gel. This is just my opinion though.

Taz x

Waitykaty

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2022, 02:07:53 PM »

Thanks for the comments so far

My thinking on using Utrogestan now was that it’s progesterone and that is what is used to delay periods.

This period is just random as I was off HRT while I was ill with Covid. I usually take it in the first 12 days of the month and then have a period, taking it again on 1st of next month.
But this period started before the first. I was unwell and lost track.
So I decided I would just start taking Utrogestan again from 1st April. Assuming my period would stop in 4 or 4 days.
But it’s just going on and on….